laptop for work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss laptop for work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

My new iPad is arriving tomorrow, i think this thread gave me the push to buy one! i cant wait to try out the apps ive seen here! is Floorplan worth the money?

I reckon Bubblecraft and Pipedream should start a new iPad thread and tell us all exactly what they use and how for all us iPad n00bs

Oops, went to the Apple store today and seem to have come home with a iPad 3 ( for my wife ) we are now a 3 iPad family with our three year old inheriting one ! I have no idea what we will do when the iPad 4 comes out.

Watch this space for an iPad 3 review

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Must say the suggested solution is little dramatic, but will be kept under consideration !

First impressions of iPad - stunning graphics and very fast. Further details will follow a full test drive (if I can ever get near it)

have you guys got share in i Pads or something
I used to use a lap top at Brit Gas but when i tried one for my biz i found it got left in the office most times . am I really missing out by doing that , must admit never thought of doing slide show for new customers before with it.
Ive allways told em to look at my web site might give it ago again :)

I initially got the iPad so I could use Gas Installers Workmate for boiler instructions but there's so many other uses. I was talking to Bristan on Friday and they e-mailed me the instructions I wanted. Showing customers stuff on manufacturer websites when they haven't got access. Showing pictures of past jobs. Showing manufacturers demo videos. Also no need for map books in the van any more, just use google maps.

My new iPad is arriving tomorrow, i think this thread gave me the push to buy one! i cant wait to try out the apps ive seen here! is Floorplan worth the money?

I reckon Bubblecraft and Pipedream should start a new iPad thread and tell us all exactly what they use and how for all us iPad n00bs

Floorplans is defo worth the money. Customers love seeing how easy it is to move walls, bathroom or kitchen about, it's just me that's got to make it happen lol.

I have no problem given out helpful hints n tips or answering an questions but I like the fact that I'm unique & that there is no other builder of any trade in my area using an iPad. As I said, the iPad sells it for me every time whither it's my portfolio or quotations, customers are impressed with the presentation they get.

Ive allways told em to look at my web site might give it ago again :)

Pointing the customer in the direction of your website is good. Still shows that your willing to go the extra mile that other companies won't but most of the time, they can't look at it while your quoting for the job & gives them the chance to go elsewhere. Once customers see your well presented & confident presentation, they won't even think of looking elsewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again I agree with Bubblecraft, using an iPad in all of the ways that have been described Is about customer service. I have found that this really works when a customer is also technically savvy, they are interested in how you use the iPad and it helps you engage with them. Often these are people at the higher end of the market with a bigger budget.

Look at a typical bathroom quote.

Arrive and discuss the customers ideas.

Find a couple of photo galleries of bathrooms similar to theirs and let them watch a sideshow while you are measuring up. In particular I like to show them the whole job stage by stage. It gives them confidence that you have done it before and that you know what you are doing.

Draw up detailed and to scale floor plan, this often leads to the project getting bigger, ie walls coming down etc.

Look at potential items to be supplied, either on websites or from previous jobs. For some reason people like to see how digital showers are installed.

Create a quote and email it to them together with the floor plan.

Finally take a deposit ( soon to be done via a virtual pin and chip machine app - have you looked at any Bubblecraft ) and email a receipt.

Done.

And no I do not have shares in Apple, but I wish I had bought some 20 years ago.

However like many Apple fanatics I cannot help myself when it comes to wanting tell everyone how great their products are. And yes I do know how boring and irritating it can be !, unless of course you happen to be a fellow Apple devotee.

PS still not been able to get near the iPad 3 properly

I 2nd everything Pipedream has said!

I have Mobile POS app by Adelante. Takes a wee bit at first to setup with your business account but once sorted, it's very easy to use. They are a extremely helpful company & works out far cheaper than an actual mobile POS device. No rental charges. I haven't fully set it up yet but have seen it used & it's very simple. Great being able to take card payments on your phone!

Think of it as investments for your business. We all like to make our work a little easier & a little quicker.

Just realised you can use iTunes gift cards and there's always offers available. Can currently get £45 of iTunes spends for £35 at ASDA. Bang on.

I would never go back to android after converting to Apple. To get the best from Android you need to be a techno whizz kid, whereas apple just works out of the box. The apps are better and more plentiful too.

Cheers mike. I downloaded it last night. Does anyone know if it's possible to download all the mi's from the app and if so how much space would 3500 mi's take up?

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have just qualified as a registered gas...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
M
The power to switch the boiler on for heating...
Replies
Views
In the old days, toilets used quite a lot of...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
Back