Long time issue re ferroli boiler, gas meter, high bills and thermostat.... | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Long time issue re ferroli boiler, gas meter, high bills and thermostat.... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want the heat, no matter what the weather or whatever boiler is fitted you will pay for it. I like the house at 23 and the wife likes it on all day in this weather. My gas bills are £116/month (condensing boiler with 3 zones) which is working out about right.
Fitting the new boiler will drop your bills by perhaps 1 or 2 hundred per year. What you do need is a lesson on how to use and set it for the most economical running. Get someone in to show you if you can't figure it out.

If you want the heat, no matter what the weather or whatever boiler is fitted you will pay for it. I like the house at 23 and the wife likes it on all day in this weather. My gas bills are £116/month (condensing boiler with 3 zones) which is working out about right.
Fitting the new boiler will drop your bills by perhaps 1 or 2 hundred per year. What you do need is a lesson on how to use and set it for the most economical running. Get someone in to show you if you can't figure it out.

aye but your bills are so low cause you have a van full of old gas meters

I'm just a trainee when it comes to heating so not really offering advice to the original post but if 6 of the rads are not in use, and a new boiler is getting installed would it not be good time to look at extra zoning at that point? I know it costs but if work is being done anyway it may not be too excessive and the boiler will still be heating that extra water and sending it round the pipes at the moment. Again asking as a question really to see what the more experienced here think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
Back