mark up | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss mark up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I earn enough to have no mortgage, run a landy, wifes car, and decent van, a couple of flats to rent out and let her have her horses and dogs to keep her sweet. Does that help? :)

look at a basic hourly rate calc, some out there may be surprised. It just proves £20 an hour isnt enough, but many think you cant charge any more!!!
income wanted30,000.00
tax on £30k =4,112.00
van service300.00
car tax250.00
van insurance250.00
loan for van3,000.00
van fuel2,160.00
3rd pty ins450.00
tools350.00
clothes150.00
mobile phone ins360.00
mob ins132.00
gas safe reg250.00
oftec reg250.00
training/ticket renewal300.00
bank fees200.00
acct fee350.00
ads1,800.00
Total required44,664.00
52 wk year, 4 wk hol = 48 wks
8 hr day act hrs wked av is 6 hrs
So 48 x 5dys x 6 =1440hours
so £44664/1440=£31.02

Well done I'm mortgage free, have savings three cars and a reasonable van and your a nob!

All you guys boasting lol... In 10 minutes time there will be another thread from some newby and we will all jump on him saying its hard out there and were all short of work scraping by lol... ;p

All you guys boasting lol... In 10 minutes time there will be another thread from some newby and we will all jump on him saying its hard out there and were all short of work scraping by lol... ;p

Yes it did decline Into a pishing contest. Each to there own, and really don't like bragging. It can all go **** up in a heartbeat.

Dickie will be along soon & he will sort the men from the boys...

I heard he does 10 minutes work a day and makes 100k a year... :)

I earn enough to have no mortgage, run a landy, wifes car, and decent van, a couple of flats to rent out and let her have her horses and dogs to keep her sweet. Does that help? :)

look at a basic hourly rate calc, some out there may be surprised. It just proves £20 an hour isnt enough, but many think you cant charge any more!!!
income wanted30,000.00
tax on £30k =4,112.00
van service300.00
car tax250.00
van insurance250.00
loan for van3,000.00
van fuel2,160.00
3rd pty ins450.00
tools350.00
clothes150.00
mobile phone ins360.00
mob ins132.00
gas safe reg250.00
oftec reg250.00
training/ticket renewal300.00
bank fees200.00
acct fee350.00
ads1,800.00
Total required44,664.00
52 wk year, 4 wk hol = 48 wks
8 hr day act hrs wked av is 6 hrs
So 48 x 5dys x 6 =1440hours
so £44664/1440=£31.02

So your either in a really well paid area, or exceptionally better than anyone else in your area. Or thirdly full of crap.

not boasting just treying to get across the need to charge proper rates, too many lads going down the drain at present

not boasting just treying to get across the need to charge proper rates, too many lads going down the drain at present

Your little breakdown only comes to £31 per hour... I don't know any plumbers in my area charging less than that anyway... Plus the first hour is normally more.

I do ok, there's always someone who's better off. Maybe not you. You can only charge what you can get away with or your confident to enough to lose work.

So your either in a really well paid area, or exceptionally better than anyone else in your area. Or thirdly full of crap.

like i have said before, if you dont charge you wont survive, sure some customers wont use you, but those that do, if your any good will use u again and you will work less for the same as those that work like monkeys for peanuts.

North Devon isnt particularly rich but if they need u they will pay.

Not boasting, but I must do something right as I am earning enough.

And full of shyte, thats due to eating too much.

the figures u see are for example and the fixed costs far less than mine! the point I am trying to make is if you dont look at your costs against charges you wont earn enough, hence why I see good plumbers working bars in the evening or shopfloor permaently!! remember you are a business and u have to be profitable and it takes planning and proper price structures. All the time someone charges £15-20 an hour then custards will use u but then u fall by the wayside for another to do the same. In general the industry underates itself and customers wont pay a decent price because of muppets undercharging. you dont have to be pimlico, but start looking at their rates and bring yours up a bit.

Yes I know. Some guys haven't got the confidence, or maybe are just starting out with a family to feed. And some are idiots who enjoy being cheaper by robbing work. Most are the first two examples.

charge more and lose some work, dont worry as you would have lost it anyhow.

right are u going to ask croppie for your slap now or in the arms at closing time :)

Yeh, never do fiddle work for that reason. People I know or friends of friends who knew my wife's mothers cat, ask you to do work on weekend or at night....... Could you fit our new fire ..... Yeh sure £250 and i will do it on Tuesday night...... Monday night get a call they ha some one else to do it! Carp jobs . If it's after work or at weekend I want £££££££ family and friends can go swing, jobs always poop and always want extra!!! Same as landlords.... I have 30 cp12 will u do them for £30 each....... GTF!

already asked croppie for mine via pm ages ago :) any how they arent always virtual, more permanent bye bye :)

makes perfect sense, upset the irish dwarf and we say bye bye, watch and learn.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, as you've said - looks like the...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys and girls first time poster so...
Replies
Views
Hi fixitflav thanks for this wiring diagram...
2 3
Replies
Views
Pm op if your interested if you not don’t post
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Back