MORE TRUSTED ADVISORS REQUIRED!!! Who's next? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss MORE TRUSTED ADVISORS REQUIRED!!! Who's next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Subscribed
Hi,

I'm Lou, I work with Dan. And therefore the lads who run this forum (the staff). I'll be helping with general things on here, and also trying to get used to who is who and what is what. So bare with me while I work my way through all the things you want me to do. ;) ;)

Dan's told me about the Trusted Advisors. I've met some on the Tiler's and Electrician's forums, and am working with them to get things done.

But I want to try on here to.

It seems we currently have 33 here. And some of those are staff. So that's quite low.

To be a trusted advisor, you need to know your shizzle. But not just that, actually provide some advice and help others, the community, and the industry, via the forum.

In return, we're working on some things that will get your business more business coming in. You'll be part of the team that shape the new forum. And we've found in the past that most of the moderators of the forum were first Trusted Advisors, and most of the Administrators, were first Moderators.

So we have a system it seems across the whole network. One that I want to join in on, and help with etc.

So Dan has given me a task. Find the next Trusted Advisors on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk he said. He said listen to the staff, they know the score, but he said they run businesses in the day themselves, so they can't always find time to encourage others to try to be TA guys.

So here I am. I've also followed the thread in the Trusted Advisors forum regarding shaping the forum. So I'll reply there too.

But please, if any of you guys, whether fresh in the Plumbers Arms or old-skool members that just didn't bother before etc etc (doesn't matter who it is), want to help the forum so that in turn you get helped with your business, please please give us a shout by replying to this thread. And perhaps suggest what you'd like to see from the forum long-term. What we've done wrong in the past. What we need to do more of. What we need to do less of. That kinda thing.

Come join in the community. :)

Not me, I don't even trust myself
Can we nominate?
One that springs to mind is joni os (if he isn't already)
Always concise and informative posts

not related is that miss/mrs lou in your profile pic :D

It was on a thread in the ta section last year but nothing happened.

That isn't me I found a blonde plumber pic. I'm blonde, I'm not her thought, I have blue eyes. You should see what I found first after googling 'blonde plumber'!!! I daren't even link to it!

Anyway, back to the topic.

Whatever happened before this doesn't matter.

We had delays for various reasons, mostly being limitations on the software (forum) and hardward (server). Now we have both sorted.

The staff here and existing TA's are all involved in shaping this. And you guys too to an extent.

No nominations please. We just want to know what you want out of this and what you can do extra. We want more TA's. We want you reading this to give a damn and want to be one.

Sounds to me like you have to be SE or an employer as you keep mentioning businesses, also can you say more about the way the forum is to be "reshaped" as this sounds a lot more than a new server and a new look to me.

For me personally you have to have been round for a couple years to show you will continue to stick around and proven yourself to earn that TA title with good solid advice given, please no Johnny come lately wannabies.

(Apologises to anyone named John) lol

PS
Must be able to use spellchecker as well or have a thick skin.

Hi,

I'm Lou, I work with Dan. And therefore the lads who run this forum (the staff). I'll be helping with general things on here, and also trying to get used to who is who and what is what. So bare with me while I work my way through all the things you want me to do. ;) ;)

Dan's told me about the Trusted Advisors. I've met some on the Tiler's and Electrician's forums, and am working with them to get things done.

But I want to try on here to.

It seems we currently have 33 here. And some of those are staff. So that's quite low.

To be a trusted advisor, you need to know your shizzle. But not just that, actually provide some advice and help others, the community, and the industry, via the forum.

In return, we're working on some things that will get your business more business coming in. You'll be part of the team that shape the new forum. And we've found in the past that most of the moderators of the forum were first Trusted Advisors, and most of the Administrators, were first Moderators.

So we have a system it seems across the whole network. One that I want to join in on, and help with etc.

So Dan has given me a task. Find the next Trusted Advisors on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk he said. He said listen to the staff, they know the score, but he said they run businesses in the day themselves, so they can't always find time to encourage others to try to be TA guys.

So here I am. I've also followed the thread in the Trusted Advisors forum regarding shaping the forum. So I'll reply there too.

But please, if any of you guys, whether fresh in the Plumbers Arms or old-skool members that just didn't bother before etc etc (doesn't matter who it is), want to help the forum so that in turn you get helped with your business, please please give us a shout by replying to this thread. And perhaps suggest what you'd like to see from the forum long-term. What we've done wrong in the past. What we need to do more of. What we need to do less of. That kinda thing.

Come join in the community. :)

Hi Lou,

I think it's a very good idea to help each other's out.

I definitely would like to nominate @ShaunCorbs ... I think he should have received the trusted badge long time ago. He is very knowledgeable and a very kind person. He is polite to all of the members, is very often online throughout the days and has always a good and liable advise.

If someone else thinks he deserves a badge then just write your opinion about shauni why he deserves the badge of a trusted plumber.

Kind regards

Ron

How does being a trusted Adviser help your business ? I have wondered why these people exist ( meaning how and why it comes about )

Curiosity !

Last edited:
How does being a trusted Adviser help your business ? I have wondered why these people exist ( meaning how and why it comes about )

Curiosity !
When we have our directory up, we'll display those better. But not just that, we tend to find on tilersforums that the members who are trusted get the most enquiries from within the forum. And when we sort out area out that enables people to list jobs LIKE THIS ONE they tend to get the best work from them etc. And more money for the work. Customers trust that if they're one of a select few given a tag for providing plenty of great advice, they must be good at their job.

When we have our directory up, we'll display those better. But not just that, we tend to find on tilersforums that the members who are trusted get the most enquiries from within the forum. And when we sort out area out that enables people to list jobs LIKE THIS ONE they tend to get the best work from them etc. And more money for the work. Customers trust that if they're one of a select few given a tag for providing plenty of great advice, they must be good at their job.

Ah I see, makes sense. Thanks.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dan
Hi Lou,

I think it's a very good idea to help each other's out.

I definitely would like to nominate @ShaunCorbs . I think he should have received the trusted badge long time ago. He is very knowledgeable and a very kind person. He is polite to all of the members, is very often online throughout the days and has always a good and liable advise.

If someone else thinks he deserves a badge then just write your opinion about shauni why he deserves the badge of a trusted plumber.

Kind regards

Ron

Ron, didn't they teach you at school to read twice and answer once lol.
Lou said No nominations mate.

We already do this lol have done for years. But we want more.

They're guys who deserve recognition in their industries. Some of the best guys in their trade, and customers who view the forum can't tell them apart from a DIY weekend warrior.

We we help with that.

Ron, didn't they teach you at school to read twice and answer once lol.
Lou said No nominations mate.

They surely did. But it doesn't matter now what they have taught me or not, I still think he deserves a badge don't you think?

They surely did. But it doesn't not matter know what they have taught me or not, I still think he deserves a badge don't you think?
We don't take nominations that's too cliquey.

We take a look at their stats etc.

They surely did. But it doesn't matter now what they have taught me or not, I still think he deserves a badge don't you think?

I want immunity from prosecution first mate. lol

Seriously though, I think people should put their own name forward and not feel under any pressure to take the position.

I want immunity from prosecution first mate. lol

Seriously though, I think people should put their own name forward and not feel under any pressure to take the position.
We're doing it the way we know works.

If we refuse people, that's not fair, we can upset them. And we all know people can get easily upset on here :D :D

We used to let peers vote them in, but then that got cliquey too.

So now we use a fair way, that we all have equality in.

If somebody has provided lots of good advice on our forums, and help loads of people out, and have stayed professional, then they deserve to be rewarded for that. And everybody has a fair chance to do it.

@SimonG - still haven't received your PM. PM me please to sort this out. I don't want anybody with the tag who doesn't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
I know a while ago that there was an issue...
Replies
Views
Well put Dan, have a good weekend...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
    • Love
It is London and Manchester, if you download...
Replies
Views
Back