New boiler quotes, what's the going rate? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New boiler quotes, what's the going rate? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
No im taking the old system out and going to a combi. We currently have an ancient Poterton boiler, a hot water cylinder and two water cisterns in the loft.

I mean once i have piped up the rads, run the return to a grid, and connect the flow to the mains. Turn the tap on and go around the house opening each radiator in turn.

No im taking the old system out and going to a combi. We currently have an ancient Poterton boiler, a hot water cylinder and two water cisterns in the loft.

I mean once i have piped up the rads, run the return to a grid, and connect the flow to the mains. Turn the tap on and go around the house opening each radiator in turn.
Thought you did but was double checking ;);)

I have been pressure testing as i go and so far its held pressure each time overnight. Probably do a final one with the system full with as much water as i can before pumping it up.

I always flush before filling the boiler towel rails always have debris from the manufacturing process , stelrad have been especially bad recently rusty water in a few i have fitted maybe from testing in the factory ? Cheers kop

Don't forget to test to manufacturers specification

Im only doing an air pressure test. But will go to the required pressure. With as much water in the system as I can to reduce air volume.

Needs to be water mate

It SHOULD be water only due to H&S being a diyer I can choose to ignore those. Fill it with water then pump up, be minimal air volume.

Yes and no most leaks won't show up with air you shove a hydraulic pressure test and you will see

What if any cleaning steps should be done. In emails he said that a water flush through will be carried out. Seeing as its brand new everything and plastic piping is that all that's required.
plastic piping now its becoming clearer any alarm bells ringing shaun , harvest , town ?

It appears like your quite competent, just go ahead and do it. Air testing plastic pipework ain't a brilliant method for tightness testing but it better than no test

It appears like your quite competent, just go ahead and do it. Air testing plastic pipework ain't a brilliant method for tightness testing but it better than no test
The best I can do short of hiring a hydraulic tester, is to fill with water and pump up the air will at least rise to the high points so everything else will be hydraulic tested. I'm pretty sure there won't be any leaks the bits I have done so far have held 2 bar overnight.

I am not questioning your method or ability. Its only water and it only your home

Most of us prefer a system to be completely copper

Air compresses, water doesn't. Plastic pipes have to be pressure tested to the mi's. Or no claims on failure.

The best I can do short of hiring a hydraulic tester, is to fill with water and pump up the air will at least rise to the high points so everything else will be hydraulic tested. I'm pretty sure there won't be any leaks the bits I have done so far have held 2 bar overnight.

Should be 10 bar water at fault the system can go to 3 and test needs to be at least 11/2 times that

Yes well that's what he's said
It is. I'd have a crack at the boiler but I have enough on my plate, want the warranty and I just can't be bothered doing the boiler as well. The plumbing is easy, radiators on the walls copper risers then plastic for the rest, supported every 300mm, insulated to water bylaws in the cold areas, as thick as I can go every where else especially in the DHW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Unfortunately just because it works now...
Replies
Views
No, decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens 100-W...
Replies
Views
I have seen a combi installation where the...
Replies
Views
Back