New to heating DIY first and only attempt. | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New to heating DIY first and only attempt. in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

S

Samo

Hello Every one,
i have been reading some of the posts and feel like im in the right place for some help.
I'm a Fleet engineer and auto electrician by trade but worked in transport refrigeration and vehicle air conditioning for many years and now do any thing along those lines
i have been for the last 2 years renovating a terraced house in my spare time, im now on the plumbing and fitting central heating.
I
brought a Halstead iHeat 24c when i first took on this project as this suited my application best and the local Plumb bay shop was doing a offer on them, well i unpacked it after nearly 2 years and found thy had supplied me with the incorrect wall hanger, took it back to be told thy don't deal with Halstead and could not help me.
N
ot too much of a problem i got it cut and shut by a welder friend, mounted this to the wall and was marking out where the flue went and noticed the 90o tube was not sitting correctly on the boiler, refered to the manual and found that the spigot adapter was missing, simple i thought, i will phone the new company that took over Halstead and get one, no no no thy would not even discuss the thing with me, well im at my witts end trying to find one of these adapters, i'm at the final stages of getting a engineering guy to make me one out of aluminum unless any one can help me here, i belong to other forums but not plumbing ones and i really value your time and help with this,,,,, Thanks Dave

Good advice there from Mr Meek.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

You should not be doing Diy on a Gas appliance chief! I know you are a former refrigerant engineer but its a no no. Get a GSR to do the flue and gas pipework. then you can do rads, and pipework.

I would not touch air conditioning unit or any form refrigeration unless I had training and was deemed competent. And being deemed competent in the gas regs is ACS accreditation.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It’s a nightmare, van insurance is expensive...
Replies
Views
The burner output might be the problem, I’m...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Or use a flat face isolation valve. ...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Howsie, The problem is you will never know...
2 3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
Back