No central heating...new boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No central heating...new boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

You shouldn't be blowing fuses get the port valve installer back as for a 3amp fuseto blow it's pulling around 4-5 amps which isn't good when most things are rated for 2-3 amps boiler 1 amp
As for the port valve , does that little switch at the top go side to side as per water or heating requirements?

As for the port valve , does that little switch at the top go side to side as per water or heating requirements?

I think you mean the manual/ position indicator if so yes

Won't see it move but the lever will go slack / no resistance

Right ok thanks , could this be the culprit for the boiler tripping out? It's wired wrong?

Could be or the whole valve is faulty

I contacted him this morning he's in Wales, have asked another engineer to come on Friday . The only electrical parts the second installer touched is to install a new room thermostat, on original wiring (is this ok), new timer and sort out the spaghetti junction wiring.

In your orginal post you say the 3 way (port) has been replaced and you happen to know the model so it should be that installer that returns to correct it. Another engineer might justifiably say I'm not touching it but having said that Screwfix have a no quible returns policy so you should be able to get a refund or swap for a new unit.

In your orginal post you say the 3 way (port) has been replaced and you happen to know the model so it should be that installer that returns to correct it. Another engineer might justifiably say I'm not touching it but having said that Screwfix have a no quible returns policy so you should be able to get a refund or swap for a new unit.
Not sure it was that exact model, I do remember it was a flomaster, ill be abke to confirm exac model number when I get home, if the rain hasn't destroyed the box. Are flomasters notoriously bad?

Not sure it was that exact model, I do remember it was a flomaster, ill be abke to confirm exac model number when I get home, if the rain hasn't destroyed the box. Are flomasters notoriously bad?

It's got some very bad reviews on Screwfix site, especially the ones off engineers/plumbers a number of whom have replaced it with Honeywell ones not long after installing. There's a reason they're so much cheaper.

My guess would be wrongly wired from day one and your engineer has just redone what was there. I bet if you pop the head off the new one the fuses stop blowing

My guess would be wrongly wired from day one and your engineer has just redone what was there. I bet if you pop the head off the new one the fuses stop blowing
He tidied up the wiring in the junction box in the airing cupboard, he said it was a spaghetti junction. Could well still be wrong perhaps?

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
Back