No central heating...new boiler | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No central heating...new boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

The fact that he’s “tidied” it doesn’t mean he hasn’t just shoved it all back in, as it was before. I suspect someone (previous homeowner) found that valve was causing electrical issue and removed head

The fact that he’s “tidied” it doesn’t mean he hasn’t just shoved it all back in, as it was before. I suspect someone (previous homeowner) found that valve was causing electrical issue and removed head
He tried to reconnect it in case it somehow miraculously fell off it was knackered. The previous owners didn't even have the system flushed before fitting new boiler

Again could be poorly wired meaning the motor burned out. Please don’t ignore the fact that there could be a wiring fault

Again could be poorly wired meaning the motor burned out. Please don’t ignore the fact that there could be a wiring fault
It's permantley in this position?

20181128_230324.jpg

Does it move easy to the wall (you will have to move the lever) etc when the heating or hot water is on ?

Does it move easy to the wall (you will have to move the lever) etc when the heating or hot water is on ?
I'll have a go in the morning as the system SHOULD wake up (fingers crossed). I did just turn boiler on and it was doing it's usual...lights on ,making noise ,no hot rads. So we'll see in the morning ‍♂️

So it could be permanntly on. Please just get an experienced heating engineer in to wire it properly
Just had a look in the airing cupboard while I await the engineer I noticed that the wires from the central heating pump and cylinder thermo are touching hot piping...could this potentially be a reason for tripping out? Or just previous shoddy workmanship

Just had a look in the airing cupboard while I await the engineer I noticed that the wires from the central heating pump and cylinder thermo are touching hot piping...could this potentially be a reason for tripping out? Or just previous shoddy workmanship
Unless they’re bare wires I’d say no chance

That would cause it to trip

Keep telling People to reed the boiler instructions when job is started first thing it says in instructions is do electric safety checks resistance to earth so on and so forth when you do a full install or a new boiler or change over Anyways first engineer could have checked components on boiler like pump so on and so forth to find if there was a fault in boiler and if a 12 way wireing junction box this made it all the better for me it just shows what type of engineers are out there all to do with guess work this goes on here in Ireland but I taught we were pass all this in UK just shows how wrong I was Hope you get boiler sorted

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
Back