No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw a couple of asprins down the pan and leave it overnight. It might be better in the morning.

Tamz it actually was better in the morning, what I'm off to do today is get a couple of asprin for my toolbox.

However I've tried the tap and guess what bit of air at first but hey presto it's working as normal! Yes:waving: so now my question is to
You lot what happened there then?

It wasn't an air lock because you were getting some water out but there was air trapped in there. The water built up and forced the air out. Don't always work, infact usually doesn't. You got lucky. If you need to drain down to change basin as well you might have same prob and this time might need to do something to get rid.

Hopefully it's all gone wrong

If I could stop everyone on here helping you I would. Because the knowledge we have is very expensive. And I think it's about time you started to pay for it

You still have your air lock all it did was the little trickle built up over night but once you ran tap you used up the water that had built up over night you need to force the air out you have already been told how to do it

Thanks a lot Simon, def wouldn't employ you anyway if that's all you got a say don't post mate? System 3 bang on same thing again same thing yes I know how to force the air out just don't have a wet vac. Any forcing it from the kitchen tap hot first then cold dont seem to work as the pressure is really fast hopefully will all right itself again, thanks system 3

Not wet vac try again ps lose the attitude when asking for help

Doubt that will work. Because it is the cold that is not working. This will only fix the hot

No luck ? However a few people have said about the washing machine hose ? Just pulled out the spare hose, bit reluctant to do this though don't wan a mess anything else up. Any suggestions on what could go wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you don't like me. But it won't work!

I didn't say I don't like you just say something useful, that's more useful Evan if it isnt what I wanted to hear. Do you think it will right itself again over night ? To be fair the longer I leave the tap off the more water comes out but resumes to a drizzle as always.

The gate valve you shut off, does it wind anti clockwise until it stops? If it does then its okay and is fully open, if it just keeps turning its jammed partially closed and sheared off inside.

Happens all the time.

No I got a wasinhg machine hose , outlet hose what was u going to suggest

Get a plumber in.
You don't know what you're doing and what you do know you've gleaned from plumbers on here giving you advice. You don't appreciate what it means for a plumber to explain exactly what a potential customer has to do to do the job themselves. They've basically done some plumber out of a job but you don't see that.
No doubt someone will show the infinite patience you require and you'll get the problem sorted. Good luck.

Thanks hybrid I know lots of plumbers, as I work for the builders merchant and I will
Get a plumber in to check my fittings etc, I was just hoping to get the job done .

Still think you've got a partial blockage somewhere, maybe something from the bottom of the tank. Similar to a job I was at last week when a bit of hair felt pipe lagging had got into the pipework from the tank and it was soaking up the water in the pipe then letting some through. It's a bugger to flush out. It could be as others say, an airlock but please appreciate that unless a plumber is physically there, our answers to you are purely conjecture, speculative based on the information you have supplied to us.
Still think, you should "bite the bullet" and get a plumber to have a quick look on this one as it could save you money in the long run, if you do damage to your property and pipework by trying to force mains water through your system without being trained to do so.
There will be a plumber on this forum who is from your area.

If only I lived 350 miles closer. LOL

I understand it's tempting to have a go and save a couple of quid but it's sometimes a false economy when things go wrong. There's value in a plumber's knowledge, not just his time and materials and you get all three when you pay for it.

System 3 checked the tank this morning clean as a whistle . For everyone out there Thanks for all the posts, plumbers coming 8.30 seems to think will be a quick fix and
Only gona cost me 30 quid cash. All will be checked out, would just like to say I know
You guys do this day in day out and are pros, will post back and let you all know what the plumber does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The mains water is now feeding everything in...
Replies
Views
Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
J
Typical signs of venting issue. Air not being...
Replies
Views
Good, keep a note of his number!
Replies
Views
Back