Non standard size immersion heaters | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Non standard size immersion heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Just been to see an air source heat pump buffer tank which needs a replacement immersions. Can't really tell without taking the immersion out but it's either a 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" immersion heater. Where on earth do you get these from?

Also, is it a legal requirement to fit manufacturer's parts only to an unvented cylinder? I thought it was but can't find the detail in G3 of the building regs. The customer has fallen out with the UK supplier for this system and took them to court over a faulty air pump supplied and fitted and now it seems they no longer wish to trade with him and supply him spare parts..

Not a legal requirement pal, but probably best depending on what type of seal they use, ie flat seal or big o- ring type.
immersions in copper cylinders are 2 1/4, immersions in stainless unvented 1 3/4.
Plumbs should be able to sort you one

Thanks shows what I know, I just swap them out normally and replace them all! Apparently these ones are 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" they are much smaller than any I've seen before and certainly not standard sizes.

The customer may of fallen out with the supplier but you haven`t so can`t you get the parts sent to your home?

Don't know if this helps, I have just measured a 1 3/4 one, it's diameter ( the threaded boss) approx 50 mm

Hi all. The company isn't answering me either. Not sure what's going on tbh. Not worth the hassle for a couple of hours draining down, changing immersion and refilling!

The company in question is Boulder Developments Ltd based in Nottinghamshire.

Last edited:
Used to use The Electric Water heater Co. for all kind of immersions etc think they moved to Harlow in Essex now not sure if they have what you need but worth a try....regards Turnpin:smile5:

yorkstar cylinders use 1 1\2 immersions I managed to get plumbase to order me one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If the immersion was a 12kW, i.e 3 * 16.7A *...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, it actually looks to be of a better...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
I really feel we are going round in circles...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
A
Back