Organising the van | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Kyle87
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 1K

Discuss Organising the van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't do it that would drive me insane. Just not a fan of small vans. But still maintain that the connect is the comfiest van I have ever driven

They are made from pie cases and melted bic pens! But they are so light they will leave a tranny standing and quite efficient on juice.

I'd buy the hyundai I load, if only they did I it in red.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 48
20111230_135533.jpg20111230_135624.jpg

Here's mine once I got it. Its full of tools and storage boxes now, looked nice while it was being done though!

There is a massive flat space between seats. I holds . 2 pancakes & syrup 2 double sausage and egg meals. 2 sausage bagels, coffees and large bottle of council pop. Even when driving. That was for me and my mate. If I was on my own would have only had one pancakes.

I thought my van was bad but you win, got racking and organised with fittings but still all piles up. I blame sheets for tangling up with everything. When myns bad again I'll get a pic and share.
(got a Peugeot partner)

Bigger the van the more rubbish u carry

I used to agree, until I gutted the van a few weeks back then spent the next week going I've got one in the van.....oh no wait no I don't ffs!

But more then that I just can't seem to bring myself to get a small van when I got the transit there was also a despatch there it was newer cheaper and had air con went to say I'll take the despatch and transit fell out my mouth. I was half way home trying to work out what happened! I know a smaller van makes sense but........

Everything takes a diet. Not even my cd collection is safe one thing I have been contemplating is taking all my tools out of bulky boxes and just throwing tools in van vault along with other "precious" stuffs

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be a VW owner thing my mates the same with his nothings ever out of place

And me! If you keep on top of the van every day it only takes 10 minutes or so to tidy up when you get home.

a clean van usually means you have no work

Quite the opposite. If you're busy you put in 10 or 15 mins at the end of the day tidying up so you're quicker and more efficient the next day. Slows me down having to rummage around looking for stuff, so I invest a few minutes to save wasted time on jobs.

Now im building up a nice stock im boxing everything up.

will get plenty in the transit and have enough space to carry the gear or deliver light plant :)

And me! If you keep on top of the van every day it only takes 10 minutes or so to tidy up when you get home.

I'm a bit anal with my van now ( other than today) if it's a mess I sort it before I even start work. I have a pack of wipes in the cab , a sneeze and it gets a wipe. ........ Let's see how long it lasts.

Everything's got it's place in the van...I don't go as far as hanging tools up and drawing round them to mark their place but I do wonder if that would be best!!!

My vans always tidy and I know exactly where everything is and everything is labelled up. I've bought some new boxes to store some things in yesterday and I'm going to have a bit of a sort out on Monday.

You'd be surprised how much time you can save on jobs if you have a tidy van and you know exactly where everything is.

I have amazing racking now, which helps a lot to be fair.

Ill take some pictures on Monday when I've used my boxes.

I put everything back exactly where it lives after each job, it only takes a minute and saves hours in the long run :)

Me too. Everything has a place, all the different fittings have their own stock bins, tools have their own labelled spaces. I am proper sad really but I hate wasting my time looking for stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is...
Replies
Views
The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
I'm plumbing my campervan and made the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 129220
D
Physically next to the pump, 22mm pipe goes up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you go and put your hose in the top like...
Replies
Views
Back