Organising the van | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Kyle87
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 1K

Discuss Organising the van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it sounds daft but it's been my company colour for fifteen years, I'm known for having a red van with whies sign writing.

Send us a pic Leo? I'm struggling for sign inspiration

Me too. Everything has a place, all the different fittings have their own stock bins, tools have their own labelled spaces. I am proper sad really but I hate wasting my time looking for stuff.

Its the best way to be mate. Saves loads of time and it makes a good impression I think.

Whenever ive got loads of things to take back to the van and I have a customer that carries something to the van with me, they always comment on how tidy it is.

Plus, it makes life so much easier knowing where all my things are :)

Starting with a blank canvass tomorrow. New van being delivered. Keen to get it right as im starting to realise just how much of the working day is taken up by playing 'hunt the .......', you can fill in the gap with tool, part or sandwich.

Starting with a blank canvass tomorrow. New van being delivered. Keen to get it right as im starting to realise just how much of the working day is taken up by playing 'hunt the .......', you can fill in the gap with tool, part or sandwich.

What you getting simon?

Got an SWB Vauxhall Vivaro 08. 56 K on it now. Got a 2nd pipe tube coming for it tomorrow so I can seperate plastic from copper and some lengths of batten. Had my van repaired the other week, some nugget hit me whilst parked and had a Renault Master LWB hi top and all my kit filled the whole floor and more.....it's amazing what you can get in the van.

What you getting simon?

Citreon Berlingo 1.6. I had the peugeot version whilst mine was off the road a couple of months ago. The doblo has 124000 on the clock and can foresee an expensive future with it.

Sign writings ordered. Feel like a big kid on christmas eve. First time ive ever had a brand spanker.

I had a partner before when working for a firm, the new ones are nice but can't get along with the size. Shame as I'd much prefer to drive a smaller van

I had a partner before when working for a firm, the new ones are nice but can't get along with the size. Shame as I'd much prefer to drive a smaller van
Cheaper on the running costs. Will get a tow bar and trailer for any bigger things I need to move about.

Citreon Berlingo 1.6. I had the peugeot version whilst mine was off the road a couple of months ago. The doblo has 124000 on the clock and can foresee an expensive future with it.

Sign writings ordered. Feel like a big kid on christmas eve. First time ive ever had a brand spanker.

I looked at one of those before I got my caddy, I was looking at brand new, but my house has to take priority at the moment.

Its a lovely van you're getting though, my mates got one through his work and its a really nice van, and good on fuel.

Are you getting the 3 seater version??

I looked at one of those before I got my caddy, I was looking at brand new, but my house has to take priority at the moment.

Its a lovely van you're getting though, my mates got one through his work and its a really nice van, and good on fuel.

Are you getting the 3 seater version??

Aye getting the 3 seater one.

I prefer a smaller van too mate. When I worked at the council I had a vivaro and it was a nightmare to park on bust street.
plus, I find that you carry more stuff you don't really need if you drive a larger van just to fill the space up :)

Cheaper on the running costs. Will get a tow bar and trailer for any bigger things I need to move about.

Got to have room for a trailer then though. Plus I couldn't pull a trailer. Drive too fast

If I was ONLY doing gas work, I could manage. As it is, doing all the different stuff, I carry a lot of stuff to cover a lot of eventualities.

Last edited by a moderator:
My licence doesn't even cover me for a trailer, another bloody test i have to go for!

Aye getting the 3 seater one.

Its a lovely van mate.

I used to to have a berlingo and loved it, I love my caddy now though :)

but i miss how comfy the berlingo was to drive. I find the caddy seats quite hard

Totally irrelevant but a couple of people are talking about new vans. One thing I didn't realise till recently is the bigger engined vans are much more fuel efficient, it's the opposite way round to cars. My next van will have the top engine in it! My 108PS Crafter is a bit of a guzzler!

Jesus the whole of the load space on that crafter will be a fuel tank!

Could you get 3 people in it? Have a 2 and 7 year old and been looking at these but need it to be able to actually take 3 people not 2 and a *** paper

Not really I have one for the company I work for now. Nice little van but I can't see you fitting 3 people in unless both passengers were tiny certainly not in comfort anyway. I've got an old expert (for my own work) and that fits 2 adults and my 10 year old in comfort 3 adults it's very snug. Also the load space on the berlingo is tiny I only do service and maintenance and it's rammed

She's a bute. Had a transit and a connect and sprinter. Nv is my favourite. Although I haven't got full confidence it won't tip over doing 65 around a bend. Unlike me old tranny, used to play spice girls 2 become one and then once she was softened up ride the living day lights out of her, used to practice drifting in the wet!

Mine is also an NV200. Had it from new, and am contemplating if it is worth replacing it after 3yrs this September?

Mine is also an NV200. Had it from new, and am contemplating if it is worth replacing it after 3yrs this September?

Usually worth it from a tax benefits point of view. Offset them over three years, sell them and use the cash towards another which you offset over three years. They end up near to nothing then cost-wise then. If you're VAT registered anyway.

Couind you get 3 people in it? Have a 2 and 7 year old and been looking at these but need it to be able to actually take 3 people not 2 and a *** paper

Cant see three adults fitting in in a month of sundays. Its nice being able to open the rear roors from the outside, without having to swing on a bit of rope inside and push the door open.

Cant see three adults fitting in in a month of sundays. Its nice being able to open the rear roors from the outside, without having to swing on a bit of rope inside and push the door open.
Wouldn't want 3 adults just my 2 boys aged 2 and 7? But thin kid have to look next axis up anyway like expert or despatch

Usually worth it from a tax benefits point of view. Offset them over three years, sell them and use the cash towards another which you offset over three years. They end up near to nothing then cost-wise then. If you're VAT registered anyway.

I am not VAT registered, but as you say, replacing the van every three years is cost effective. Especially as repairs are likely to be higher and you do not have the Warranty from manufacturer to rely on. The only reason I am contemplating keeping it is, I made a decision over five years ago to only cover a 10 mile radius of Croydon (except when I am recomended) then I can travel further. So over a 3 year period, my van has only raked in 19,000 miles. Should I let someone else benefit from that as I know the van is in good nick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is...
Replies
Views
The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
I'm plumbing my campervan and made the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 129220
D
Physically next to the pump, 22mm pipe goes up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you go and put your hose in the top like...
Replies
Views
Back