Out side tap cost | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Out side tap cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I no there is the DONT talk price on hear but I charge £90 for a new installation had loads of enquries for out side taps but get nothing from them, am I goi to high? It £15-20 in materials £10 in fuel. Bout a hour job ish what do these people want me to work for free???? That netmums and money saving expert forum seem to the £30 is what it should cost.

Getting the hump with this

you wont get all the jobs, all the time, especially if some character is working locally for £10 an hour as a handy man

With internal check valves, isolation valve etc. The risk of comebacks in event of leaks, makes £90.00 sound cheap. Best left to local handyman who will charge £50.00 cash in hand,
then you can make your money and bolster your reputation fixing a flooded kitchen.

If they want it that cheap fit them a DIY kit!! Not a pro job tho!

Outside Tap Kit Brass 15mm x ¾" | Garden Taps | NoLinkingToThis

That's what I always try to explain to them. This ain't a £15 diy kit. stopcock, double check, tap, back plate. I have put a promotion on my facebook £70 if I can get 4 in 1 day then it's worth it

I charge £50 quid for these as long as water supply is within a meter , materials tenner ,40mins labour 40 quid . doodle of a job .

I've been charging £80.00 for an outside tap, same as Tommy I get some say it's too much.

Its a basic job so think would you be happy to pay £80?
Gets me in peoples houses at my price which in turn i get more work.

Does anyone remember the epic outside tap thread from a couple of years back? Didn't it all kick off?

Cropppppppieeee can you search your memory for it pleeease??

i do £50-80 depends on location and access, thats a phone quote. normally £60 all in.
i get 1 in 3 jobs, at £90 i would be happy at 1 in 4 based easy installation v calls...and it dont cost me a £10 for fuel!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a basic job so think would you be happy to pay £80?
Gets me in peoples houses at my price which in turn i get more work.

Yes I would.

I charge £80 and I find most people don't mind it, but as said I do say that it is all copper with valves etc.

Yep i remember that one loads of qualified plumbs who could work out how to do an outside tap!!!

Pretty tragic to be fair but funny

I even had someone say "it's a easy job", to what I returned with "if it's so easy y have you asked me to do it then?"

I even had someone say "it's a easy job", to what I returned with "if it's so easy y have you asked me to do it then?"
We must of had the same phone call, told me exactly how to do it and it was easy and that £80 was too much. OK good luck then.

Like I attempt to explain to them there is £20 in parts (slightly ott) fuel, insurance, van insurance, advertising where u got my number from, I use could burn my £450 drill out drilling your wall, then the 2 drill bits I use could break/blunt, gas.

And that all had to be covered in that £80

Pass them onto ***bria handyman, I think he was at the centre of the last great outside tap debate.

I think it was down to ten minutes to install and it was a bogof deal.

I'd charge £1 to fit the tap and £99000.00 because I know what valve to turn,

Right.

You may have noticed that we haven't killed this thread.

Yet.

As was stated there are these 'expert' websites attempting to fix prices for us.

We all know those prices are whole unrealistic. Price of fittings and overheads before you can begin to turn a profit etc. We also know prices vary from region to region.

This time, and this time only, your (real) price for an outside tap plus the region you cover.

No going daft. We want non trade to see this to try and understand what a real tradesman would charge for a proper job.

Right.

You may have noticed that we haven't killed this thread.

Yet.

As was stated there are these 'expert' websites attempting to fix prices for us.

We all know those prices are whole unrealistic. Price of fittings and overheads before you can begin to turn a profit etc. We also know prices vary from region to region.

This time, and this time only, your (real) price for an outside tap plus the region you cover.

No going daft. We want non trade to see this to try and understand what a real tradesman would charge for a proper job.
Bolton, northwest england.
What I expect to charge for proper imstallation £75.00.

What customers expect £45.00

I havent done one for three years. But I have remedied a good few undersink floods caused by diy kits with hose pipe and also bad workmanship
[emoji38] [emoji38]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Found these at B and Poo: B&Q Plastic Tap Top...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Got the same problem with taps against the...
Replies
Views
V
Would be the best compromise imo. Sealing the...
Replies
Views
LaMont5way
L
Back