Out side tap cost | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Out side tap cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckinghamshire £90
Within 1M of existing cold mains (typically under kitchen sink) pipe in pipe through cavity. Proper full bore butterfly valve and double check valve inside, back plate elbow outside and non check valve external tap
and a drain cock inside after double check valve so tap and pipe can be drained back for winter.

I once swapped an outside tap literally turned off water unscrewed and screwed back in new one and off I went and that I charged £45.

As was said they are very rarely easy trying to fit everything in under a sink so I think charging for 1 1/2 hours plus bits is very reasonable.

Next time I'm going to time myself ..

Next time I'm going to time myself ..

I done one the other day 1 hour to do the job finished and half an hour to get all my tools out and put them away and tidy up, although it was behind a w/m so it was a bit easyer than under the sink

I have an 'offer' on my website to do outside taps for £50.
Yes I'm being robbed fitting them for that price, but it is my 'loss leader', I'd say that more than 50% of the o/s taps I've fitted have led on to more work from that customer.
As for those self cutting washing machine taps, I've used them if there is a problem turning the water supply off and never had any issues with them. I know some plumbers wouldn't touch them, but that's a whole other argument - some plumbers wouldn't touch speedfit or flexis ;)

Even at £120, Once you've deducted materials and paid the tax man, you won't have enough change to cover what the missus spends at the hairdresser.

Even at £120, Once you've deducted materials and paid the tax man, you won't have enough change to cover what the missus spends at the hairdresser.
This is true, however they look horrific with grey roots and greasy hair

tfft somebody who charges more than me! I was getting worried there....
Leicestershire
I charge £110. £30 materials, £80 Labour
Servicing my van is a doddle, far easier than an outside tap.
Costs me £250

Last edited:
£100 supply fit bib iso drain dcv take or leave

tfft somebody who charges more than me! I was getting worried there....
Leicestershire
I charge £110. £30 materials, £80 Labour
Servicing my van is a doddle, far easier than an outside tap.
Costs me £250

and you have to take it to them and fetch it back. lol

£95 ish inc VAT in East Kent.
If you are only charging £50ish you are doing it for free after paying your overheads?

Also this rate is entirely consistent with the call out / 1 hour rates of other businesses / experts (between £85-£100 ph).

£80 - £90 + vat if its going near accessible pipework, inc iso valve, copper pipework etc.
I'm in Redditch, Worcestershire.

They can be done in 45mins on a good day, but they generally run to 1 - 1.5 hours by the time you've had a natter with the customer, a cup of coffee and cleared up in the sink unit.

I always find they are a good foot in the door job, "oh you do bathrooms / boilers as well?, come and give me some advice on this while your here......."

Last edited:
If you are only charging £50ish you are doing it for free after paying your overheads?

Also this rate is entirely consistent with the call out / 1 hour rates of other businesses / experts (between £85-£100 ph).
And for £50 would sound like just an outside tap and nothing in place like dcv iso and drain off. Then that would be a defo under estimated prize job. And as for me I am always using stuff from either plumb centre or part centre and JG. As I always find I'm taking little risk in some runs and it is always 100% feedback recommend stuff.

Also this rate is entirely consistent with the call out / 1 hour rates of other businesses / experts (between £85-£100 ph).[/QUOTE]

And for £50 would sound like just an outside tap and nothing in place like dcv iso and drain off. Then that would be a defo under estimated prize job. And as for me I am always using stuff from either plumb centre or part centre and JG. As I always find I'm taking little risk in some runs and it is always 100% feedback recommend stuff.

Also this rate is entirely consistent with the call out / 1 hour rates of other businesses / experts (between £85-£100 ph).[/If you are only charging £50ish you are doing it for free after paying your overheads?

Also this rate is entirely consistent with the call out / 1 hour rates of other businesses / experts (between £85-£100 ph).[/QUOTE]

]

Not really easy money to be honest , as i already stated usually get more work just in process of pricing a wet room now from a £50 outside tap .

also fitting an outside tap a call out?? I'm always interested what people view these days as a call out as i would say an outside tap is under booked works .

Not really easy money to be honest , as i already stated usually get more work just in process of pricing a wet room now from a £50
also fitting an outside tap a call out?? I'm always interested what people view these days as a call out as i would say an outside tap is under booked works .
I'm assuming it's a one off job. Not kidding I hate the sound of £50. Ive adjusted to the sound of it over years.

I have had a few to do as I am only learning the trade (mature student) I have only been charging £25 labour on top of materials.
Which I thought was ok as im needing the experience and it's a massive learning curve.
All jobs gone ok and customers happy ☺

I have had a few to do as I am only learning the trade (mature student) I have only been charging £25 labour on top of materials.
Which I thought was ok as im needing the experience and it's a massive learning curve.

And unfortunately this is whats killing the trade

Can you come and fit mine? I'm on the 7th floor...:sorcerer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Found these at B and Poo: B&Q Plastic Tap Top...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Got the same problem with taps against the...
Replies
Views
V
Would be the best compromise imo. Sealing the...
Replies
Views
LaMont5way
L
Back