Out side tap cost | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Out side tap cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiropodist, ten toe nails £25.00
I'll do an outside tap for price of forty nails.

i do a no thrills fit in Plymouth at £50
Cold source must be within 1 meter so literally tee into cold supply straight through wall to tap.

If they want the extra valves then yes its higher cost .

Minimum 80 in Teesdale. All depends on construction and thickness of wall.

All copper.

£50-80 depends on fixing location, pipe access and a working stop-cock.

nottinghamshire

i do a no thrills fit in Plymouth at £50
Cold source must be within 1 meter so literally tee into cold supply straight through wall to tap.

If they want the extra valves then yes its higher cost .

Seriously?
You mean if they want job done properly the have to pay more?
No wonder guys charging proper rates for a proper job struggle to get these jobs.

I currently charge £80 that's £30 materials and £50 labour allowing 2 hours
And try to explain to customers that it's a professional finish upto the current regs,
Not the cheap DIY kit that's not wras approved.

You won't get any outside tap fitted in London for less than £100 £90 is competitive and rate price even if it took 15 minutes.

Outside taps are a pain in the arse...

Working under a sink (never emptied even though they knew you were coming)
Hardly any space to tee off, plus working under a sink is just a pure pain!
Old stop tap dosent turn off, or it weeps at the gland when touched!
Gotta get power tools in & extension lead maybe...

I want 80 quid at least for the hassle... We all get 60 Ish for a boiler service which is a doodle so why bust a gut for 30 or 40...

Outside taps are a pain in the arse...

Working under a sink (never emptied even though they knew you were coming)
Hardly any space to tee off, plus working under a sink is just a pure pain!
Old stop tap dosent turn off, or it weeps at the gland when touched!
Gotta get power tools in & extension lead maybe...

I want 80 quid at least for the hassle... We all get 60 Ish for a boiler service which is a doodle so why bust a gut for 30 or 40...
101% agree with that plus the audacity to do the clear away after.. I'd be defo £100 from start no less. Otherwise it's no common sense.
This thread has been previously submitted by others and members before . But it's price is compatible I weren't to get it I'd leave it simpelz

Seriously?
You mean if they want job done properly the have to pay more?
No wonder guys charging proper rates for a proper job struggle to get these jobs.

Well i won't lose any sleep over a service valve or check valve ,as per usual upto the customer easy money which nigh on always leads to a bigger job kerching!!!

outside tap is about 1/2 hr job at cost of £40

remove kitchen window..1/2 hr
twist tap spout 180 deg...... 3.2 secs.....
...........sorted

:76:

Labour £72 including VAT, Parts £20-£25 ish all in. That's based on the tap going right outside on the other side of the cavity wall from the kitchen sink or another cold water pipe.

I'm based in South Manchester and we charge £75 for a basic outside tap, pipe sleeved/check/isolation and drain off internal. Assuming cold pipework is within the location internally.
I must also add that I too have attended numerous split hose type installs and the odd self cutting type that has failed drastically.
As with everything you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Found these at B and Poo: B&Q Plastic Tap Top...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Got the same problem with taps against the...
Replies
Views
V
Would be the best compromise imo. Sealing the...
Replies
Views
LaMont5way
L
Back