Permissible drop and TT | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter kirkgas
  • Start date
  • Replies 91
  • Views 2K

Discuss Permissible drop and TT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
another rule change to keep the training industry afloat its the same gas and the same gauge so what other reason can there be?

Better glasses these days?

No one can tell a 0.25mb drop on a water gauge with that degree of accuracy so they now say if you see it move at all then that is a perceptible movement.

Better glasses these days?

No one can tell a 0.25mb drop on a water gauge with that degree of accuracy so they now say if you see it move at all then that is a perceptible movement.

That would be a rule change that would make sense for once

Just for once I'm spot in, never heard of the permissible drop rule . Thought a drop was a drop, for once I'm right. Yay.

Just for once I'm spot in, never heard of the permissible drop rule . Thought a drop was a drop, for once I'm right. Yay.

Sorry, but if you have passed your CCN1 you HAVE heard of permissible drop, you may have forgotten but you did answer questions on it on your theory

Kirk, what is your opinion on the question I raised at the end of post #62 albeit with the wrong figures. If I had a drop on an electronic gauge of 0.2mb but the customer could small gas (unlikely I guess) would you cap or would you class as no perceptible movement?....

Sorry, but if you have passed your CCN1 you HAVE heard of permissible drop, you may have forgotten but you did answer questions on it on your theory

I,ll take your word for it, I'm not known for my memory.

Kirk, what is your opinion on the question I raised at the end of post #62 albeit with the wrong figures. If I had a drop on an electronic gauge of 0.2mb but the customer could small gas (unlikely I guess) would you cap or would you class as no perceptible movement?....

That's easy peasy, ANY smell of gas means there is a leak, if its less than perceptible movement then the leak could be on the other side of the reg which has locked up,
If its a theoretical question I would say its very unlikely to smell gas that's less than 0.2mb over 2 mins, but its straight forward by the statement that they smell it so there is something to be rectified

This leads to another question scenario:
As you have said, they smell gas but there is no movement on the u gauge, what is the procedure you MUST carry out

That's easy peasy, ANY smell of gas means there is a leak, if its less than perceptible movement then the leak could be on the other side of the reg which has locked up,
If its a theoretical question I would say its very unlikely to smell gas that's less than 0.2mb over 2 mins, but its straight forward by the statement that they smell it so there is something to be rectified

As you have said, they smell gas but there is no movement on the u gauge, what is the procedure you MUST carry out

Post a business card through the neighbours door?

Just to throw one out there,

On a cloudy day you bring your manometer to 20mb, it sunny and rises 2mb, the cloud comes over and drops 3mb, or you raise your manometer to 20mb whilst it is cloudy, it drops 2 mb, then the sun comes out and raises it by 3mb??

Do you define that a leak or not??

If there is no movement on the gauge then there may be a leak upstream of the ECV or coming from an adjacent property. The only correct course of action is to call the gas transporters emergency number and report an uncontrolled leak.

On a cloudy day you bring your manometer to 20mb, it sunny and rises 2mb, the cloud comes over and drops 3mb, or you raise your manometer to 20mb whilst it is cloudy, it drops 2 mb, then the sun comes out and raises it by 3mb??

I do all my testing in scotland, what is this thing "sunny" you speak of?

If there is no movement on the gauge then there may be a leak upstream of the ECV or coming from an adjacent property. The only correct course of action is to call the gas transporters emergency number and report an uncontrolled leak.

Correct,
But when asked, a lot of re-assessment guys say they test the install and if there is no leak found they tell the customer they don't know what they are smelling as it isn't gas :-o

Throw a dust sheet over the exposed pipework.....
or a pair over the lpg bottles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
M
We have to make the installation safe anyway...
Replies
Views
Martin, I don't think the old rad was venting...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
The lack of knowledge and basic physics is on...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back