pet hates? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pet hates? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixServices

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondering what peoples pet hates are. Mine are tradesmen who sweep everything under the floor and the missus leaving draws and cupboards open.

Mine is when you phone somewhere at 5:01pm and they answer the phone "good evening".

And people in shops who ask you for a postcode and a housenumber "to register the warranty" - when what they mean is they are going to bombard you with junkmail.

I hate drain off that don't work.......which is all of them!!

Paha, with the new type if they dont work, take the bush out that goes around the spindle, ptfe it and put it back in.
open up the drain off and blow on the other end of the pipe to clear the crap blocking it.

oh and make sure you use a jubilee clip inside!

Customers who want to buy all the fittings and then don't have them on site for start date or change their mind half way through the job and expect you to change it at no extra cost.

Or they buy crap and blame you when it brakes a year down the line, even when you advised them Against it.

Customers who wander into the kitchen that you're working in and proceed to make themselves a cup of tea without an offer!

Oh, and people who post on here starting with the words I'm a lift engineer.....

My pet hate is being bombarded with work when your employer changes when he would rather get jobs clashed on to earn more money than take time, do best jobs and enjoy it a bit more

when a custard rings and asks if your a plumber or heating technician, then asks if you repair/service boilers (having just found your ad that says what you do!). Then asks you to do a service, so you ask their name and you get sue/simon, doh I want your full name to be able to invoice you plonker!. Your address, I live in bideford, !!!!!!!!!! your house address? and then they give you step by step instructions how to find them, no address though!!!!!!!!!!!! which when they eventually tell you, means you know exactly where they are, so you give them a day and time your available, to which they say cant you do Sat at 4pm as I have to work!! When you explain you too work and you too really like wends off, but if they want to pay £150 plus for a service then youll work over the wend, they lose all interest :)

Customers who wander into the kitchen that you're working in and proceed to make themselves a cup of tea without an offer!

Oh, and people who post on here starting with the words I'm a lift engineer.....

You do remember I trained as a lift engineer when I was on BT don't you............

did you have to stop due to weight limit restrictions Jon? :), or did they suddenly raise the height of the buttons :)

i go with the cupboard doors, especially the wardrobe and i walk head into it in the middle of the night!@~@@[]'##

Mine are as follows

Little Dogs ,big dogs , cats & cat poo , small children, teenagers, chavs,
'customers' wearing tracksuits, anybody with a new Audi on the drive - cause there rubbish,
people who ask 'when do I pay you ' answer NOW , I also dont like my Derv Bill each month
but its been getting lower recently......I also dont like - I could go on - hating is my hobby .......from .....Centralheatking

Just wondering what peoples pet hates are. Mine are tradesmen who sweep everything under the floor and the missus leaving draws and cupboards open.

I agree with customers who insist on giving you directions to their house. Winds me up - like I'm gonna remember the directions in 2 weeks.

Custs that phone and say 'its so and so, you changed a tap washer for me 8 years ago, remember?' and then cant understand why you cant remember them.

People who opens screw cases , take a few and the kid but don't clip it shut , so when you pick it up you end up with an hour of fun sizing screws !

1 rule of if it is open it is open , if you shut it , lock it !

Last edited by a moderator:
People that you always jump to, that ring you up for a small non urgent job & immediately say that they can get someone else.
People that think you are uneducated because you work with your hands.
People that like to slightly belittle you in front of others when you meet them in shops etc. - "the boiler you serviced 6 months ago has stopped!" etc
People that let dogs annoy you.
People that want to show you how their loft ladder comes down or how the trap door is opened!
People that want to show you to a wee job - while you are anxious to get home.
People - all of them! :smile:

Last edited:
People that you always jump to, that ring you up for a small non urgent job & immediately say that they can get someone else.
People that think you are uneducated because you work with your hands.
People that like to slightly belittle you in front of others when you meet them in shops etc. - "the boiler you serviced 6 months ago has stopped!" etc
People that let dogs annoy you.

I have a feeling you could go on :)

Custs that phone and say 'its so and so, you changed a tap washer for me 8 years ago, remember?' and then cant understand why you cant remember them.

That would be like those who phone up and speak to me, say their name is Steve, Mike or what ever and if I just tell Mr TP he will know who they are. I don't need to take an address or know what it is about Mr TP will just know.
I know he won't, he never does, but I've given up on these self-important people.

BTW
Sorry - I am one of those who leaves all the doors open.
And I don't usually admit it but I am so often banging my head on those un expectedly open doors.

That would be like those who phone up and speak to me, say their name is Steve, Mike or what ever and if I just tell Mr TP he will know who they are. I don't need to take an address or know what it is about Mr TP will just know.
I know he won't, he never does, but I've given up on these self-important people.

BTW
Sorry - I am one of those who leaves all the doors open.
And I don't usually admit it but I am so often banging my head on those un expectedly open doors.

Im 5ft 4 but my mum, dad and sister are smaller than me.

one flipping cupboard that they can all walk under but i cant and they just leave it open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Problem then is heat loss & condensation in...
Replies
Views
Back