pet hates? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pet hates? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're on about beer, I cannot stand that yellow fizzy dishwater so beloved of footballers and children afraid of utilising their tastebuds.

....And Football
....People who say "It's not rocket science!"
....Rocket science
....My daughters light controlled mermaid that scares the crap clean out of you at 3 in the morning when you go down to the kitchen for a drink of water.... "Helloooo.... What's your name?"

When your socks come off your feet inside your wellingtons and end up in front of your toes.Especially when you've taken the dog for a walk, in the woods, on a freezing winters morning like this morning.

Last edited:
Going to a pub toilet wearing my new shoes/trainers and having to stand around a lake of cold urine on the floor with my legs spread wide and then washing my hands while some animal comes straight out of the cubicle and marches right out through the door, contamninating the door handle with jobbie just before I need to touch it.

Loft lagging, flux in cuts, kneeling on screws, hitting handwith hammer, hitting hand with hammer after hitting hand with hammer, splinters,dropping my ice cream whilst driving, hitting head on loft rafters, customer outon first day of big job, customer in on first day of big job, no mobile signal,out of stock, short orders, incorrect orders, in-growing toe nails, piles,something in my eye, run out of headache tablets, nails catching your ring asyou exit the loft (painful), mixing apprentices with carpets and foliac, walkingin on 90 year old naked lady, “I’m sure it was working before you came” andgetting deafer……. YES DEAFER!

Women who leave shopping trolleys in middle of car park so that it rolls downhill at speed into someone's pride and joy.
Whenever I get into wife's car and there's no petrol in it.
Whenever women go out they have to have new dress, shoes, handbag, hairdo, nails etc.
Womens rubbish on telly.
Anyone see a link? :mad2:

It's only nearly work related but I hate people who can't park, my car is the white one in this pic
neqejaqu.jpg

i think you did well to get in that gap

anyone that pukes inside the lifeboat wheelhouse and doesnt clear up when we get alongside.

anyone who refuses to share the bucket when I need it!!!

anyone thick enough not to read sign langauge, that means throttles to zero, I'm trying to get out the door, whilst putting on a lifejacket and open the door whilst swallowing.

Finally, the dope who has been tied on outside as he vomits continuously who comments haha you being sick then, as I finish and go back to continue navigating us to our destination.

And to cap it off, the groundcrewman who goes, you been sick out there then haha!!!, when for whatever reason they choose not to go to sea in a storm!

Otherwise its all good for the soul , luckily vomiting means my co-ordination isnt good enough to swing a punch :)

Carpets that turn to dust when lifted
Carpet grippers that act as a skin magnet as soon as they're exposed then shred your fingers
Customers that expect a boiler repair, when they asked for a boiler service
Thermalite block walls
Dot and dabbed plasterboard on thermalite walls (with no adhesive where your rad brackets sit)
Dog owners who think its OK to talk over a barking dog instead of shutting it up
Drunken kids who think they grow 6 inches and put on a stone with every bottle of corona they drink
And everything that has already been posted

wall blocks made of cinder ash fm the old power station, that dust marks everything

Pretty much every single thing and person on this Earth that isn't my wife, dogs or cats.

1 Gate valves(never work).
2 Pop up wastes.
3 Drain offs fitted too close to the floor, or don't work.
4 Stop tap located in a cupboard behind 10 pots and pans or 5 bottles of bleach, then don't work when finally found.
5 No loft ladder.
6 No light in loft.
7 Tank connectors with lugs in so you can't fit a bung.
8 Customers not making me tea.
9 Customers offering me tea after I have asked them if they need any water and I have then turned off the water
10 Customer leaving answer phone message with life story but no phone number.

i could do a lot more than a list of 10, but that will do for now.

when a custard rings and asks if your a plumber or heating technician, then asks if you repair/service boilers (having just found your ad that says what you do!). Then asks you to do a service, so you ask their name and you get sue/simon, doh I want your full name to be able to invoice you plonker!. Your address, I live in bideford, !!!!!!!!!! your house address? and then they give you step by step instructions how to find them, no address though!!!!!!!!!!!! which when they eventually tell you, means you know exactly where they are, so you give them a day and time your available, to which they say cant you do Sat at 4pm as I have to work!! When you explain you too work and you too really like wends off, but if they want to pay £150 plus for a service then youll work over the wend, they lose all interest :)

Exactly this with bells on.
very good.

Loft insulation, poor pipe work THERE IS NO EXCUSE! Draining down boilermates, Worcester tosh, raven heat, chaffataux simmie, salus, air seperators, floplast, Silicone around waste outlets PACK IT IN IT DONT BELONG THERE! Horders who expect you to be ok working in their piles of newspapers and cockroaches. People that know your coming to look at the boiler but "forget" to empty the cupboard for you. Blocks of flats with no lifts. Blocks of flats in general, parking permit zones, traffic wardens, the foul language of the Sunday league teams that play football opposite the house! Keep it up and I will dig a trench along the goal line have fun playing on that!!! People that fail to replace the toilet roll, crowded places filled with general public, members of the general public, plain stupidity, cheap tools, cost of fuel, high streets, tk max, people who take sick days! Man up and get on with it! Mumbo the annoying penguin from happy feet, leaves in autumn seriously there are 80 other driveways why mine! Skanks that dint pick up their dogs mess in the street, poorly made tea and coffee, coleslaw, marmite, mushrooms, bovril, cheap crisps, plumb centre, parts centre, boy racers, toy cops, parliament, constant negativity on the news, who remembers when they used to end on something nice? Arsenal, London on the hole, traffic, people who can't drive when it rains a little! The state of my van, people that make an appointment and fail to turn up. Call centres, automated call centres, cookers that people never clean and wonder why the hob won't light you ANIMALS! People that live in filth again ANIMALS. Rubbish takeaways how do these places stay open?? Bus stops that sit out in the road, nomadic caravan dwellers. Scrap vans, thieves, graffiti, the bloke in the Citroen van on my way home tonight yeah I'll see you again pal don't you worry!! Cat mess in my gravel. Anyone that makes a big deal out of the following, race, age, sexuality, sex, breast feeding. Anyone that proceeds to say you can't charge that.... Really well guess what I have and i will again because it's what the job was worth! Banks, queuing.... I'll be honest the list is endless I could go on but I won't

Well I agree with just about everything written.

My most regularly done pet hate, is driving. I hate how driving turns people into inconsiderate A holes.

Hogging the over taking lane on the motor way.
Driving up the backside of slower cars.
Using their horn for no real reason (like someone is too slow to pull away from lights)
Crossing the white line on country lanes often done by people who drive way too fast.
People who don't give way when they should.
People who give way when they shouldn't.

I hate driving, I hate driving to work more than driving to say the cinema, but even driving to just the shops is a royal ball ache. It used to be fun when I was 17....but now I just can't believe how rude people are.

I'm not saying I drive like an angel but on the whole I don't do any of the above.

I also hate driving, I hate all other road users and they all hate me. I used to speed everywhere as a boy racer in the 90's but now I drive slowish to save fuel costs. You guys thunder past me in your dirty white Transits on the bypass and sky rocket up your diesel costs and for what?? I'm right behind you when you get to the roundabout anyway.
Just to save 30 seconds?

Last edited:
Just the same mate, I drove like a class A prat in the 90's.

In my Golf GTA with big twin exhausts with "The Prodigy" blasting. Thinking I looked like the dogs dangles. Lucky I never crashed....oh hang on, I did.

I was no better in the van at that age, used to thrash it. Then moan when it played up. Once I hit my late 20's I definitely stopped being a knob behind the wheel and began to hate all those that are!

Just the same mate, I drove like a class A prat in the 90's.

In my Golf GTA with big twin exhausts with "The Prodigy" blasting. Thinking I looked like the dogs dangles. Lucky I never crashed....oh hang on, I did.

I was no better in the van at that age, used to thrash it. Then moan when it played up. Once I hit my late 20's I definitely stopped being a knob behind the wheel and began to hate all those that are!

I was just the same...Prodigy 'fat of the land' in the CD changer...red Astra GTE with Peco 3" exhaust driving round town late at night always getting pulled over by police checking it was my car. Those were the days.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Problem then is heat loss & condensation in...
Replies
Views
Back