Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands | Boilers | Page 9 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's brilliant Shaun, thanks for keeping us updated.

And I would love the UKPF Knight in shining armour to come forward and identify himself for the congratulations he richly deserves!

with some pics of the new install we're all dying to see it

FERROLI what the hell is wrong with FERROLI? That's what I've got .........omg what the hell

just kidding , I was offered a few but bare in mind I was trying to stick within a budget of getting a system fitted for a second time as well as paying for correctional work so I had to have a think .
it wasn't the cheapest nor the most expensive option but it was my choice

i didn't want something I hadn't heard of again as I would fall into the vokera / alpha scenario of people saying I wouldn't have either , they are both crap :( lalalalalala

i wanted someting with a good warranty and after looking through review sites and which website I was finding good and bad review of almost every boiler under the sun I went with a baxi duotech 28he mk1 with a digi wireless thermostat control.
I think they have been around a long time and parts I'm sure are fine to get hold of and the warranty is 7 years

if its **** just don't tell me :) I'm happy with it lol
glad to hear you got this sorted the duotec HEA is one of the best on the market,if not the best IMHO,but i fit lots of them

Sorry for the lack of updates. Although I got a new system fitted and all repairs done in the end by another company this is still ongoing and I will be going to court at the end of February as they are chasing me for full payment still . I have also put in a counter claim for damages.
i will update you all with the outcome after I attend in a couple of weeks

thanks guys
shaun

How has this thread passed me by! Thank you for taking the time to pop in with an update. Good luck in court. And do let us know the outcome

just read this from the start and I'm shocked, how can someone be gassafe registered and carry out installs like that. hope you get some new carpets out I them.

just read this from the start and I'm shocked, how can someone be gassafe registered and carry out installs like that. hope you get some new carpets out I them.

bad-apple2-1024x766.jpg

Take detailed photos of all damage and works done and write up a report of boiler change etc , email the lot to their office . If there isnt a quick response halt all work as these guys seem to be having difficulties to say the least with plumbing procedures. If the company is an established reputable one they should resolve this quickly. Dont be afraid to speak and challenge them on any issue you have.

Take detailed photos of all damage and works done and write up a report of boiler change etc , email the lot to their office . If there isnt a quick response halt all work as these guys seem to be having difficulties to say the least with plumbing procedures. an established reputable one they should resolve this quickly.

No work to be halted. That company had already been thrown out.
Also, no new carpet can be had as the said company wants compensation?

My fault here for only reading first six posts before i wrote this , will scroll down further next time��

Wish me luck guys .
I'm sorry for the lack of update but I've had to keep quiet and say nothing on here, today is the final court date and hopefully in a few hours this will all be over.

I hope it gets resolved today. Thanks for all the updates on here. I hope you realise that we aren't all the same!

Good luck.

Wow! I'm having an office day today, but I got distracted by this post. Having read from start to finish I haven't got much work done.

What a load of tosh! I don't know how these people can sleep at night.

Fingers crossed Shaun for a successful outcome - I hope you and the choppers that ballsed it up get what's deserved.

Thanks for keeping on with the updates. I'd be very interested to hear back when it's all done.

Yes good luck...hope you asked for and get punitive damages or the UK equivalent.

Last edited:
Well it looks like the saga is finally over.

Their claim against me was 100% rejected.
They have to pay all damages and repairs, all remedial work, replacement carpets, damage to the property, court costs and also have to pay me by 1 week today all damages less a some ware and tear on the carpets with them being a few year old ( fair enough and I'm happy with that)

i pay them !!!NOTHING!!!
They do have a right to appeal but I can't see what they can gain other than costing them more money in the long run.

Thanks to all for the help and advice to the forum and its members . I hope at the very least ive gave you all some entertainment in reading this mammoth thread .
The views and replays are staggering lol :)

I can't say that I will ever be a regular poster on the forum ongoing but I will promise if there are ever any more updates I will be sure to let you know.
Once again thanks to everyone
Best wishes
Shaun

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Well done and glad it's nearly over for you, if they stall on payment don't hesitate to escalate the judgement.

Thanks for taking the time to update us on this and glad the outcome has gone your way
maybe we have helped you realise were not all cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Bypass issue? I would certainly call Veissmann...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back