Price info request on Intergas - sponsored thread | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Price info request on Intergas - sponsored thread in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can pm you his details. Hes now the technical manager, hes been at intergas a few years now.

So do i, plumbase refused to quote me with any discount what so ever and were pretty sarcastic.
left fuming at them wanting such a ridiculous price.
Atleast i can open a trade account at Williams easily without any gripes as it will be my first.

grabbing them now ray :)

They gave me the price for the boiler and flue which was ex vat, thought it was rather high and left after them being sarcastic and not really even wanting to discuss it (i know the people differ branch by branch) but hey you'd expect them wanting your trade.
Got home and looked at their prices online. It was 30 quid less that the online list price INC vat!
giving them the benefit of the doubt that the guys got mixed up however still no reason to practically ignore a new customer.

Still have to get a boiler at some point, will just have my boss order it.

A little birdie told me today that Intergas are no longer quite so friendly with the big nasty merchant who told them not to deal with naughty Ray at Williams & Co.

I thought I would open the subject up again. If they knock me back again this time, then I'll pull the shutters down for a few years, but every one

If people feel able to let me know the market price that they are paying for intergas models, that would be much appreciated.

Either by PM or on the open forum, but please - it does help if you make it clear what parts are included, and whether your price includes VAT.

Many thanks

Ray

My other merchant is very unhappy that I bought an ASAP from you. Very unhappy!

I'm surprised we were competitive on it Sean. They even charged us for delivery, the cheeky gits.

I can't say that I'm sorry that your "other merchant" is unhappy.

I feed off the pain and agony in the tormented souls of my competitors.

Oops - did I say that out loud? :)

I ended up pay £90 more to you but that was after they called me back when I told them to bugger off. They won't answer the phone to me at the moment... Silly boys.

The manager gave me the chat about being in it for the long run, but he couldn't tell me why I had to haggle with them and that I don't with you. An economics awareness course might be in order.

ohh is ray able to supply atags now !?!?

Not according to one a branche which one of my customers called up...

Not really. We prefer not to supply products that we don't stock in depth, because a) we are likely to get poor terms and therefore be expensive and b) if we aren't familiar with the range, we are likely to give poor service through our ignorance. There is also an element of loyalty to those manufacturers who look after us.

No merchant wants a reputation for being expensive with poor service. Apart from Grahams and some branches of plumb centre, obviously.

However, if a regular like Howsie is asking, then obviously we try to be accommodating, so long as they understand our limitations.

If we don't think the voice on the phone is trade, then very sorry, no selly retailly. Buggery offy.

Hi ray just pmed you the costings of a 24/18 intergas and parts, get stocking. My local lad in town assures me he will beat the prices shown as well. jcd If you need more recent prices I can look them up, but my local lad is basically 40% off list normally.

Well, well, well. The new national sales manager at Intergas turns out to be my old mate Jim Boyce, formerly of Main Boilers. Fancy that!

If any regular Intergas users could help in my negotiations by sharing up to date cost information (including model, whether the price includes flue/expansion kit/VAT etc) that would be enormously helpful. PMs are very welcome.

Jim may be an old friend, but he is also a boiler salesman, and will therefore be doing his best to shaft me... :)

I'm intrigued with intergas anyone done any of their installer courses?

Did the course 18 months ago in colne, nice piece of kit, tried to get my boss to use them but he's only interested in making the most money he can, not what's got a good record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
R
Just paid £620 + vat last week for a baxi...
Replies
Views
Back