Scotland's referendum | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter smtplumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 86
  • Views 881

Discuss Scotland's referendum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I object to all of these assemblies where the devolved parts of the country can vote on matters that affect their populace but when it comes to England all and sundry are able to vote. How is it fair that English MPs can't vote on some of their issues but they can all vote on stuff that affects us?

And that point is the "West Lothian question"
That keeps popping up and was raised years ago when devolution first came out to play.

And that point is the "West Lothian question"
That keeps popping up and was raised years ago when devolution first came out to play.

And has still yet to be answered since 1977, I don't know why it can't be decided, after all it seems a pretty straight forward question.

Yeh.
At the moment scotland vote what they want at their assembly.
And then vote what we are going to give them at our parliment lol.

I love scotland but was surprised by the result.

I really thought it was time we stopped owning the scotch :rolleyes:

Seriously though..
I admire alex salmon, hes fought with conviction for a better scotland and in either scenario hes got a better deal for his countrymen

Last edited by a moderator:
And has still yet to be answered since 1977, I don't know why it can't be decided, after all it seems a pretty straight forward question.

Its a straightforward question, but there isn't an easy answer.

Lets say for example that we say that only English MPs can vote on English education, welfare, health, or pension bills - all the areas where scotland has devolved powers.

Its very likely at the next election that Labour will get a small majority of UK seats, but not English seats.

So who becomes PM? Milliband - knowing that he can't get pass any education, welfare or health bills in England, because the tories have an english majority?

Or Cameron, knowing that Labour can vote him down in a vote of no confidence any time they want, just by bringing in the scottish and welsh labour MPs?

To make that work, you have to completely alter the nature and institutions of government.

Perhaps we need a completely separate English Assembly then. I heard someone on the radio a while ago crowing about the free prescriptions she gets thanks to the Scottish assembly. Our present system is inherently unfair, time for revolution. Who's up for calling for a referendum on English independence?

I was personally thinking one to rebuild the walls around newcastle and keep the mackems out :)

Your telling me that Scotland voted against it's own freedom...... Gonna get some milage on this one next year in Benidorm.

Its a straightforward question, but there isn't an easy answer.

Lets say for example that we say that only English MPs can vote on English education, welfare, health, or pension bills - all the areas where scotland has devolved powers.

Its very likely at the next election that Labour will get a small majority of UK seats, but not English seats.

So who becomes PM? Milliband - knowing that he can't get pass any education, welfare or health bills in England, because the tories have an english majority?

Or Cameron, knowing that Labour can vote him down in a vote of no confidence any time they want, just by bringing in the scottish and welsh labour MPs?

To make that work, you have to completely alter the nature and institutions of government.

Thanks for the explanation, I'm up for the alteration of government, maybe we can build that wall with the surplus bricks and put them all against it?...

Thanks for the explanation, I'm up for the alteration of government, maybe we can build that wall with the surplus bricks and put them all against it?...

Or have a read of this:

the plan.jpg

Written by MEP Dan Hannan and Douglas Carswell, the tory MP who recently resigned his seat to recontest it for UKIP.

Its not conventional left-wing/right-wing politics.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What's all this then, Scotland are what you say?

i hear there was 137,248 e.u 'builders/handy men gardener/scrap merchants, spread along the wall ready to build it!.
if we told them to face south and re-build it any way with like a garden gate and 2 large dogs somewhere in the middle, would that sort out a lot of problems?

just thinking...

am i right in thinking that scotland only has tourism as its main source of income?
thats after britain and all the international companies relocate into a stable market elsewhere.
being a british tax payer i would be damned if anything that i had contributed toward got left there without being paid for.

if so, how would scotland survive?

answers please.

i hear there was 137,248 e.u 'builders/handy men gardener/scrap merchants, spread along the wall ready to build it!.
if we told them to face south and re-build it any way with like a garden gate and 2 large dogs somewhere in the middle, would that sort out a lot of problems?

just thinking...

am i right in thinking that scotland only has tourism as its main source of income?
thats after britain and all the international companies relocate into a stable market elsewhere.
being a british tax payer i would be damned if anything that i had contributed toward got left there without being paid for.

answers please.

Who's stole the jam out of your donut?...

youre forgetting one important commodity.... Whisky
and to paraphrase, " whisky will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no whisky"

anyway, we stayed so were all friends better together and all that stuff eh guys?......guys?.......?...

just thinking...

answers please.

Rumour has it Rod Stewart was gonna release a new single,the proceeds was going to build a new Scotland..... hence the 'NO' vote won..

all I know is the welsh seem to be kicking off now!!!

They`ve been complaing for years and were watching n waiting to see what happened last night ready to start talks again. Some say they are getting a raw deal at the moment.

They`ve been complaing for years and were watching n waiting to see what happened last night ready to start talks again. Some say they are getting a raw deal at the moment.

On a serious note I was hoping they would vote yes,so the idiots in Westminster might take note

[video=youtube_share;f1CB-D1TtXc]http://youtu.be/f1CB-D1TtXc[/video]

what we did today.....:50:

[video=youtube_share;YSy4t6EIUJk]http://youtu.be/YSy4t6EIUJk[/video]

im so disappointed, I was told a split would involve these guys, damn you No voters!...:aureola:

[video=youtube_share;YSy4t6EIUJk]http://youtu.be/YSy4t6EIUJk[/video]

im so disappointed, I was told a split would involve these guys, damn you No voters!...:aureola:

Just revisited the happy childhood memories of the splits..........cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
  • Question
Gonna need the tools. The joint is made with a...
Replies
Views
Hey Kwak, just wondering how you're getting on...
Replies
Views
Stuarty117
S
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
https://www.monsterplumb.co.uk/floplast-110mm-x...
Replies
Views
Back