Scottish Autonomy Pros & Cons | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Plum Bob 66
  • Start date
  • Replies 96
  • Views 1K

Discuss Scottish Autonomy Pros & Cons in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't yet heard anything concrete about what will happen to the massive debt the UK is carrying. Presumably an independent Scotland would take on its share according to its percentage of the UK population, anyone know the answer.

Secondly, it is well known that per head of population Scotland receives a good bit more in terms of spending than the English. Am I right in thinking that with independence all funding would be curtailed ?

Finally, whenever did North Sea oil become Scottish oil ?
All fields are well offshore, outside the UK 12 mile limit recognized in fishing parlance as international waters. Oil is merely piped ashore to the nearest convenient part of the UK which happens to be in Scotland, as well as the infrastructure being based conveniently close in Aberdeen which has done very very well out of the oil industry.
Was it wholly owned Scottish companies that put up all the initial funding to facilitate oil production or were they UK companies ?

The debt would be shared per capita.

Contrary to popular belief south of the border, Scotland contributes more than it gets back.

The 12 nm limit is territorial waters. The oil fields lie in what is called an Exclusive Economic Zone which extends to 200nm.
Scotlands geographical share of oil production is over 90% and around 58% for gas.

The oil fields were privately funded with the uk collecting from licensing and taxes. It is irrelevant who owns the platforms or pipelines.

Got one. I got measured up the other day!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 33
Christ my missus will kill me if she finds out I posted a picture of her online...

The debt would be shared per capita.

Contrary to popular belief south of the border, Scotland contributes more than it gets back.

The 12 nm limit is territorial waters. The oil fields lie in what is called an Exclusive Economic Zone which extends to 200nm.
Scotlands geographical share of oil production is over 90% and around 58% for gas.

The oil fields were privately funded with the uk collecting from licensing and taxes. It is irrelevant who owns the platforms or pipelines.

Thanks for the reply Tamz. Where does Scotland generate the bulk of it's revenue then ?
I know that the whiskey industry would generate quite a lot of tax income but is it that & oil which are the biggest contributors ?

Perhaps Tamz, we should offer a link to the Crone report that the British Government covered up and made Top Secret. Had the Scottish people been able to read it, we'd have had independence a decade ago.

While on the subject of maritime borders, Tony Blair illegally moved a section of Scottish waters into England!

i see its started then?

bbc 2 right now 'youv'e been trumped'

your government wannabe's are selling & pillaging scotland to mr trumps empire!!!!!!

thee be nowt left in 50/60 years.

i see its started then?

bbc 2 right now 'youv'e been trumped'

your government wannabe's are selling & pillaging scotland to mr trumps empire!!!!!!

thee be nowt left in 50/60 years.
Under Westminster rule, there will be nowt left in 10 years.

Cameron and his Tory predecessors have been pillaging Scottish industry for decades.

That's an interesting one, what happens to the Regiment of Scotland? Members of the Armed forces stationed in Scotland? Scottish members of the armed forces? Lots of questions that no-one can answer, only speculate. As I said previously, it wont happen overnight, if at all.

That's an interesting one, what happens to the Regiment of Scotland? Members of the Armed forces stationed in Scotland? Scottish members of the armed forces? Lots of questions that no-one can answer, only speculate. As I said previously, it wont happen overnight, if at all.
The Royal Regiment of Scotland would remain in an independent Scotland. Scottish members of the UK armed forces would be given a choice as to what Army they wanted to join as many are not stationed in Scotland. There are many English members in the Scottish Regiment too and stationed here. This has been well documented and not speculated.

No one is going to rip up 300 years of being neighbours. This is political independence, not a closing of any borders. It's about the Scottish Parliament making ALL the decisions that affect Scotland, right here in Scotland and raising and spending our own funds to benefit our own people.

England would still remain our closest neighbour and trading partner, we'd all still watch Corrie and all the other cack on the TV and not a lot else would change, except we'd be in charge of our own destiny, not Lord Snooty Cameron and his Lib Dem bed partners.

The question of currency is still a tricky one. British servicemen and women swear an oath to the Queen who would the Scots army swear to King Salmond? or would he be El presidento

The question of currency is still a tricky one. British servicemen and women swear an oath to the Queen who would the Scots army swear to King Salmond? or would he be El presidento
We'd still have the Queen as head of state, just like the rest of the commonwealth

Armies within the commonwealth, unless they are are a protectorate do not swear an oath of alligence to her Majesty.

im in favour of devolution i want to devolve london and thesouth east draw a line fom the bottom of the wash to the far side of the new forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Question
What will supply energy to the HIU? Does your...
Replies
Views
Your sacrificing your kop to run that the heat...
Replies
Views
Have a look at pipekit
Replies
Views
If this is your model, some of your questions...
Replies
Views
As above you definitely need to look at the...
Replies
Views
Back