Sizing a cylinder for 9 bathrooms | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sizing a cylinder for 9 bathrooms in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

H

H/W cylinder size

Sizing an indirect H/W cylinder.

What size of H/W cylinder would I need for a property with 9 bathrooms?

To start with, have you got enough water? Flow?

I’d be putting in storage linked with a low loss header plate heat exchanger to help high demand spikes. The phe will transfer the heat quicker than cylinder coils. How much heat power have you got?

I quite like these acv tank in tank (rather than coil) cylinders. Good reheat times, the160L (not stored capacity due to tank in tank), can transfer about 30kw.

I fitted 2 of these, plus a plate heat exchanger for peak times, to a converted block of 15 studio flats, all with showers. They’re connected to a low loss header and 2 x 64kw boilers.

1D9D6F7E-D30E-494B-B130-A8E662EE0009.jpeg
FD3C27F0-3B1E-4C2C-BC27-2412E7B0F507.jpeg
A4A2D032-DE0A-47FA-B018-7BABF53385D5.jpeg

Need more info as mentioned above:
What type of property
How many occupants/users
When and how they might be used
Mains supply details (pressures, flow)
Is this for 'bathrooms' or are they shower rooms. i.e. does each have a bath.

For interest Timmy, can you give details of the PHE with ( if available) the primary/secondary flowrates&temperatures and surface area.

I use UK Exchangers ltd. I’ve fitted both brazed and gasket without issue.

I usually call them and talk through require temps/flow rate and they spec it for me there and then.

They got a good selection on the shelf and make as needed. I needed a 1m high phe in an emergency and they had it in stock. Sent the apprentice to go get it and had it fitted and buildings water back up and running same day.

Here’s some info.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That will be fine then no air problems 👍
Replies
Views
T
Get an acv cylinder. Great for boiler and work...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for your reply Basher. I played the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Removed now
Replies
Views
Back