Stuff it that's that done | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stuff it that's that done in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always scares me reading stuff like this but good luck mate hope it goes how you want it

Soo. Had my interview today, walked in with a strut and an air of arrogance walked out with a job. My first interview in 9 years ish.

spent the first hour filling out a technical paper that was about as technical as a pair of shoe laces, then a 20 minute sit down formal so I either start on the 18th or 26th depending on when they can get me inducted.

keep eyes posted for some of my kit going up for sale depending what they issue me with

Soo. Had my interview today, walked in with a strut and an air of arrogance walked out with a job. My first interview in 9 years ish.

spent the first hour filling out a technical paper that was about as technical as a pair of shoe laces, then a 20 minute sit down formal so I either start on the 18th or 26th depending on when they can get me inducted.

keep eyes posted for some of my kit going up for sale depending what they issue me with

My advice is don't sell anything mate. Not just yet.

Congrats Rob. I hope it all works out.

See you Fridays for the PJs. :)

I have a minion taking over my own stuff (just incase) so stuff will still be going on.

congrats mate - I feel the same at times - this wk van clutch is slightly slipping and the analyser needs new sensors which are not available feel like I am working to keep van and buy tools

From your previous posts Rob this has been coming.
Go for it pal, I am more that sure if you don't get this one there's another one around the corner.
good luck

Jon it's already done mate. Just waiting on my start date.

and plumbers mate yes I will be once I've been issued one. It's the one item I'll be better off outing as the longer it sits there the more it will decrease in value. It's a Kane 455 will put it up once I've got my knew one

anyone know if sensors are still available for sprint 200xt or is anton just trying to get me to upgrade

Being ex BG I can put up with most things.

however..

the health and safety policy is about as old as I am. A regimented 30 minutes break regardless of weather or not your near anywhere that sells food. No structure to anything £100s of £1000s worth of PDA and tablets yet it still takes 3 phone calls to book a part in. several different HA contracts which stipulate different requirements and level of cover. Service engineers that book expansion vessel recharges as a technician job. Service engineers that seem to do nothing on an actual service. Supervisors that are err well we will just move on from there. Not being told they have docked money from you (unduly I might add) until your pay slip hits the door mat.

And above all else my pet hate! Fitting other peoples parts! I am off the opinion if you start a job you should take ownership of it and see it through, that way when you order the wrong part after 3 visits YOU. get it in the ear from the occupant not a rather dissatisfied gasmanrob.

working for a company isn't an issue I like it I'm not worrying about chasing invoices or sitting doing paperwork etc.

and destroyer i had in inclin on day 1 I wouldn't like it after not being told till 3:30 there's a canteen downstairs help yoursel. And the actual induction being more about how many people they've sacked then anything else

Being paye cant be a bed of roses, we would all be doing it :)

As long as you are happier than when you were out on your own.

Big lotto jackpot this wednesday :)

I think working for yourself does this to you.

Having just took took out a mortgage that makes me want to cry, I was tempted to "go direct"

I was offered a job on the books a few weeks ago, and took it. And for days and days I just felt unhappy and confused.

At at first I thought it was the stress of moving house etc, but deep down I knew it was the fact I had accepted a direct job.

I then had to make the hardest phonecall of my life and tell a manager at work, who has became a close friend of mine and who had moved mountains to get me a direct job, that I didn't want the job and had to let him down.

I felt terrible, but after a five minute sit in the van, I drove home, and it was the nicest drive home I've ever done :)

the weird confused feeling had gone and I felt myself again :)

sometime me being self employed is a big worry, but the good times out weight the bad ten fold :)

I think working for yourself does this to you.

Having just took took out a mortgage that makes me want to cry, I was tempted to "go direct"

I was offered a job on the books a few weeks ago, and took it. And for days and days I just felt unhappy and confused.

At at first I thought it was the stress of moving house etc, but deep down I knew it was the fact I had accepted a direct job.

I then had to make the hardest phonecall of my life and tell a manager at work, who has became a close friend of mine and who had moved mountains to get me a direct job, that I didn't want the job and had to let him down.

I felt terrible, but after a five minute sit in the van, I drove home, and it was the nicest drive home I've ever done :)

the weird confused feeling had gone and I felt myself again :)

sometime me being self employed is a big worry, but the good times out weight the bad ten fold :)

Bet you were popular. Are they having you back as service subbie or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks I'll give that a go. I assume...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Never use sealant prior to applying PTFE or...
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done, BUT, does it work and then does it...
Replies
Views
Back