Stuff it that's that done | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stuff it that's that done in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon reflection I probably shouldn't have left. I'd be SM now if I hadn't of done but at the time I wasn't ready for it and was being pushed into it. When I left there was lots going on in my life and I didn't think it through, just got the hump one day and had a phone call offering me more money else where and I jacked the same day. It's only now 2 1/2 years later now life has set up some sort of routine that I admit it wasn't my greatest idea

The bit I found difficult when I switched to paye was remembering that I'm being paid by somebody regardless of what that work is. If the gear doesn't turn up I get paid, if there's a delay I get paid, if I've got to travel its their fuel and I get paid. I've had to learn to bite my tounge and let things go. Stick with it mate.

Cheer up rob , your the hero. The three muppets before u will soon realise and start asking u for help. Nothing quite like mopping up for the muppets on repairs..... Yeh it's a diaphragm, - ok that was one of the 11 faults caused by ineffective maintenance. But when your talking to operations manager he tells you that capita had two of their top sigma six black belt project optimisers design the work system and it's flawless. His head is up his arris! Nod and smile you won't change these idiots. I was sacked by a large developer on my first day as a project engineer as I told the operations director he was talking ****.

I simply can't imagine being employed now. I hated paye, they took the urine, always wanted more work out of you and all at a high standard. While the bosses all went home early in there company Mercs.
No thanks, I work hard for me.

Well you're not exactly known for your censorship are you! We've grown to accept it but on a first day.....

I'm not blowing my trumpet I get things wrong same as we all do, but you do have to question some peoples thought process.

I simply can't imagine being employed now. I hated paye, they took the urine, always wanted more work out of you and all at a high standard. While the bosses all went home early in there company Mercs.

Where you been Leo?! Missed your negativity lately!:smilewinkgrin:

I can admire that but truth be told I'm a great plumbing and heating engineer but an awful businessman!

ive just done a year working for a company simiklar to the one rob describes belive me rob they dont care how good you are your now just fodder for the battle and the battle is numbers and response rates
they dont care wether the customer is happy its about response time for first call and completion using as few parts as possible
i got reprimanded for changing a noisey pump evidently not being able to talk in the kitchen isnt a fault as the heating was still working
i took the job as an east london contract when i queried being sent to richmond i was told i didnt get to pick and choose my work but he was obviously wrong as i told him to stick the job where the sun dont shine

Last edited:
ive just done a year working for a company simiklar to the one rob describes belive me rob they dont care how good you are your now just fodder for the battle and the battle is numbers and response rates
they dont care wether the customer is happy its about response time for first call and completion using as few parts as possible
i got reprimanded for changing a noisey pump evidently not being able to talk in the kitchen isnt a fault as the heating was still working
i took the job as an east london contract when i queried being sent to richmond i was told i didnt get to pick and choose my work but he was obviously wrong as i told him to stick the job where the sun dont shine

You sorted yourself back out yet Steve?

I don't think all PAYE jobs are like that, just most of them.

Its the firms who look after council and HA contracts that are the scumbags.

Its a numbers game with these firms as most of them don't get paid until the CP12 is done so don't care how good the service is or how many a bloke does in a day as long as its double figures, which is terrible :-(

i know a bloke who works direct for a small local building firm and all he does is boiler swaps and service etc, he has no pressure to do loads and he is the happiest gas man I've ever met :)

I don't think all PAYE jobs are like that, just most of them.

Its the firms who look after council and HA contracts that are the scumbags.

Its a numbers game with these firms as most of them don't get paid until the CP12 is done so don't care how good the service is or how many a bloke does in a day as long as its double figures, which is terrible :-(

i know a bloke who works direct for a small local building firm and all he does is boiler swaps and service etc, he has no pressure to do loads and he is the happiest gas man I've ever met :)

I believed you right up untill the last 7 words. Now I know you're fibbing cos there's no such thing as a happy gas man.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks I'll give that a go. I assume...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Never use sealant prior to applying PTFE or...
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done, BUT, does it work and then does it...
Replies
Views
Back