Supper Plumb | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Supper Plumb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
We call it banter !

Jase Think its a little harsh to say there alot of bullying on the site considering the mods look after both sides and loom after the lads on here when an idiot comes on kicking off !

Also think its harsh and disrepectful to say that it falls on deaf ears and that they dont care ? There all volunteers does that mean they shouldnt have a laugh and indulge in banter on the forum ? They come on here and help out because they want to !

Brown noser!

Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. The behavior can be habitual and involve an imbalance of social or physical power. It can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion and may be directed repeatedly towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of class, race, religion, gender, sexuality, appearance, behavior, or ability.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] If bullying is done by a group, it is called mobbing.[SUP][4][/SUP] The victim of bullying has been referred to as a "target".[SUP][citation needed] [/SUP]

According to that definition supper plumb has not been the victim of bullying.

Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. The behavior can be habitual and involve an imbalance of social or physical power. It can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion and may be directed repeatedly towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of class, race, religion, gender, sexuality, appearance, behavior, or ability. TO FIT AN ISO VALVE USING LOADS OF PTFE TAPE[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] If bullying is done by a group, it is called mobbing.[SUP][4][/SUP] The victim of bullying has been referred to as a "target".[SUP][citation needed] [/SUP]

Show me where sombody has been abused or intimidated ? Im sorry people feel this way and shouldnt happen so ill support anyone whos saying there being bullied on here but i just aint seeing it ? Or am i the bully ?

Bullying/ slagging/ intimidation etc, there is very little difference, the point is that there only 1 rule about it, either accept it or leave the forum. I think the words "you are in the wrong game" should be banned, what does that actually mean. Plumbing isn't a game!! working on Gas definetly isn't a game and why do we need a sense of humour to be a plumber? its not like we spend all day every day laughing and joking. most of my days are actually spent on my own, with people I hardly know, so I very rarely use jokes or mess around, That's why I come on here!!

IF anyone believes they are being bullied or that the banter is going too far then the post, or thread, in question can be reported using the report button (Looks like an exclamation mark (!) in a black triangle in the bar at the bottom left of each post).

It is flagged up in the mods forum and dealt with accordingly. I personally will not stand for any bullying.

And yes, we are all volunteers. None of us are paid.

I think it all comes from the days of old times when people did call it the building game dont think it actually means your playing a game of kerplunk while changing a set of taps !

How is it "accept it or leave" look round the pub theres loads of threads on there ! What about the one i started thats about 13 pages long now of people expreasing each others point and to be honest nobodys agreeing on there any time soon !

You say you work alone etc thats why you come on here os that to have banter etc or would ypu want to be all serious on here to ? I love banter and have a dry sense of humour so what i find funny others wont ! But id never want it to be bullying or seen as bullying !

why do we need a sense of humour to be a plumber? its not like we spend all day every day laughing and joking.

I do. Where I'm from it's the norm to quickly form a good relationship with a total stranger, especially if it's a customer.

"lol always makes me laugh that supper plumb he is by no means super and defo aint no plumber" "Supper Plumb ????? Isnt Supper a late night meal ?? Are you running a takeaway service on the side ?" "What is an Adim ?
Collage ???? is that when you cut out photos of plumbing tools and stick them on a page ?" all may seem like jokes but 3 intimidating comments from different people, can be intimidating and feel like bullying, not sticking up for him (haven't seen his posts, just stating the facts), If he feels he is being bullied (as he stated in post 12) admin will not do anything about it, man up or leave is the rules.

But if hes being bullied shouldnt he of pressed the ! Mark triangle ? And then been dealt with ? Since where stating rules ?

It is impossible to police and unless it is pointed directly at somebody it is hard to say they are intimidating or bullying, but a lot of comments on here can and are perceived differently then they are actually meant. I would never speak to any of my customers the way People speak to others on here. The arms is different, that is pub talk, not customer talk.

Hang on a minute lets not get carried away. Has supper made a complaint?? Not that I've seen.

You say you work alone etc thats why you come on here os that to have banter etc or would ypu want to be all serious on here to ? I love banter and have a dry sense of humour so what i find funny others wont ! But id never want it to be bullying or seen as bullying !
In my opinion, just opening this thread is bullying, it is a direct assault on this chap. He has replied saying he is not a duplicate account and croppie has confirmed that he is not a duplicate account, so delete the thread and let him be.

haven't seen his posts, just stating the facts

If you read his posts you'll see that supper plumb can take as good as he gets and has actually been a good sport for the most part.

he's got more bounce back than zebidee, so if his next post raises a few eyebrows thats his choice. He has seen how it is on here and it seems he is genuine in his wish to become a good tradesman so if he takes advice he will fit in a treat, if he keeps posting horrendous pics he'll be getting a bit of a slagging, bit like being on a site really/

If you read his posts you'll see that supper plumb can take as good as he gets and has actually been a good sport for the most part.

if you beat me by typing fast again I'll have your fingers in a door soon as keefy:)

Posts could only be construed as bullying if they're a blatant attack for no reason, I.e.

Supper plumb, your penmanship is diabolical!

A post from someone more experienced telling you the right way to do things can't be considered bullying really. For instance, if 100% of the forum members contributing to a thread say you don't need a roll of PTFE on iso olives and threads, surely that's advice worth taking?

My advice to supper plumb, would be, don't teach your grandma how to suck eggs, tone down the arrogance, and defensiveness. But most of all take the advice, because whoever is teaching you isn't doing a very good job. His way isn't always going to be the right, or the best way.

In my opinion, just opening this thread is bullying, it is a direct assault on this chap. He has replied saying he is not a duplicate account and croppie has confirmed that he is not a duplicate account, so delete the thread and let him be.

Wrong. The thread has been started because some of the nonsense he's spouted is actually so hilarious, it's created genuine suspicion. It's self inflicted.

2 posts in this thread were reported. Not saying which one's or by whom. I'll be having a chat with the other mods later to see how, if at all, we deal with them.

supper plumb had good advice early on and chose to completely ignore it. If he was my apprentice he'd have had a good beating by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah your're right, is now but wasn't showing...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I am a level 2 plumbing student of London...
Replies
Views
Saadudeen Abdulwaheed
S
I take it Pegler are unapproachable? Or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Back