Supper Plumb | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Supper Plumb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wind their necks in!

I'm all for discussion and banter but you're all starting to snipe at each other and I don't want to be nasty old uncle Croppie!

What does that even mean? And would it kill you to proof read your posts so they make some sort of sense?
I would guess at it being Cockney rhyming slang. Pony and trap = crap

be honest, would you actually talk to your friends and family the way you speak to people on here? would you talk to other plumbers that way? or is it all from the safety of behind your computer?

Not sure if that's directed at me personally but what you see here is what you get for real with me, this isn't an online persona or an act of mine. I can confidently say I've never given any sort of abuse to another member during my time here and have never felt the need to rise to any bait either. Most here are very laid back while one or two just need to lighten up, you only live once, crack a smile and plod on.

Whats your problem here? Have you got an issue with something that's been said to you? Supper is big enough to have his say and all credit to him he has. He doesn't need you to blow this out of proportion.

I am curious, would you talk to friends the same way you talk to members on here?

Not sure if that's directed at me personally but what you see here is what you get for real with me, this isn't an online persona or an act of mine. I can confidently say I've never given any sort of abuse to another member during my time here and have never felt the need to rise to any bait either. Most here are very laid back while one or two just need to lighten up, you only live once, crack a smile and plod on.
that was exactly my point!!! re-read all my posts and that was exactly what I am saying!!

that was exactly my point!!! re-read all my posts and that was exactly what I am saying!!

Don't interpret this the wrong way but I'm struggling to understand exactly what you're saying.

Wow.... I think this thread is soon to be shut down so I better get my two penneth in. Over the years I've had much worse banter but you either give as good as you get or move on. If you don't like this kind of talk then sitework is probably not for you and maybe a small family plumbing firm would be more suited. I must admit I like the mickey taking, it passes the day and you can have a good laugh. I'd be on anti depressants if I took everything my workmates said to me seriously. I haven't read anything that I would call bullying. firm advice, mickey taking, winding up. There's a lot worse going off in this world. I like Suppers confidence and he make me laugh, ease up people.

It's all good banter and fun. We are all comedians on here. We all like a laugh.
Supper plumb took a bashing over the ptfe but took it on the chin.

I personally thought it was a wind up. Supper plumb isn't being bullied. And he's big enough to give what he gets.

And most of all he will learn a load from this forum like we all have and better himself in the ways he wants to.
Hurrraaayyy!!!!

Fair play, my point is that supper plumb needs to chill out, and I gave him some advice, the advice wasn't accepted by most but it is true, the mods and admin cant please everyone, it is hard to judge whether people are joking sometimes and things can be taken the wrong way. if you give grief and don't listen then expect grief (especially with that much ptfe on a iso valve). and it is most peoples opinion that if you cant take the jokes then don't be on here. personally I am a quiet person and only joke with close friends and family (not complete strangers or people I have never met) I am not on here enough (way too much to do without sitting on my computer all day every day) to get all the jokes and keep up to date with everyone's little jokes. I come on here to help and advise people (like I tried to do here) and that is it. If I want banter, I pick up the phone or go out to real people in the real world. this is not sniping, bullying or getting at anybody just telling the facts.

Keefy touched me here, here and here.....points to teddybear!!

We're building a case against you keefy!! Lol

Don't interpret this the wrong way but I'm struggling to understand exactly what you're saying.

I gave supper plumb my advice and it was taken out of context, read all my posts and you will hopefully see where I am coming from

I am curious, would you talk to friends the same way you talk to members on here?

No, because in real life I don't get any infractions, so I can be as honest as I like.

And the fact that they're my friends also means they know my banter pattern and accept it/join in. I'm am FAR more abusive to them than I've ever been on here.

No, because in real life I don't get any infractions, so I can be as honest as I like.

And the fact that they're my friends also means they know my banter pattern and accept it/join in. I'm am FAR more abusive to them than I've ever been on here.

Lol I agree I tend to watch what I say on here
I'm far more vocal in real life lol

Ahh quite honestly for the first few years of plumbing supper you have to have an empty head and an open mind.

my boss told me a ton of stuff was best practice and a few years down the line i now know he was being a tit.

as such you cant swear 100% that somthing is right till youve been doing it for a while. As we talked about plastics vs copper

you couldent see the advantages of copper because you havent used it enough!
as i said with more experiance you will be able to better understand the pros and cons of each thing.

try not to defend your ways to the death :p
because in three years you will most likely think "oh no i did that back then......thats gonna haunt me!"

Three years ago i ran an oil line at my house just copper in a trench.

this summer im digging that up, putting a small duct in, with 28mm speed fit through it with the oil line in that.

why?

because three years experiance has taught me how much of a tit i was for not doing it like that in the first place!

just use conduit, its cheaper, or youll be kicking yourself when the statements come in as well:)

i too am still training and i am going back to colledge in september to do my level 3 and gas but some questions u ask are self explanitary if u did ur studying propper

..............if u did ur studying propper

I do like to see the COGS whirring in other peoples heads , often some stuff goes in parrot fashon ,then later you start to sit an think logically , at times it can cause a right conflict in your head .

Logical meets Petty Regulations

It is nice to admit , we do lead our selves up the garden path , just keep learning!

("Secret-Identity" Do mobiles have similar IP if not on wireless ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah your're right, is now but wasn't showing...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I am a level 2 plumbing student of London...
Replies
Views
Saadudeen Abdulwaheed
S
I take it Pegler are unapproachable? Or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Back