swaps (combi to combi) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss swaps (combi to combi) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
How much you installing combis for straight swap eg baxi for baxi, Worcester for Worcester , ideal for ideal

labour part only, as I'm thinking about 600 is too much ?

many thanks
Shaun

I aim for main materials + 500-600
Depends what sort of flush you are doing and things like new condense run, lime fighter, new controls etc

Are you flushing? Are you busy at those rates?

Flushing via manga cleanse unless very old system

And

Clock
Room stat
New adey manga
Connecting all the existing services
Stnd flue

I dont take into consideration make for make.
I go off if its condensing for condensing (or not) at the same location using the same hole in the wall.
Usually aim for approx 700.

Flush is commensurate with system working properly.
If rads are cold or other issues suggesting a clogged system and it needs an intense clean - i charge more

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't touch a combi swap for less than £1000. But for 1 maybe 2 days work I would charge more considering the work involved.
look at job
Source and buy materials
install and commission
Sign off and invoice
receipt and banking

Those days off working for nothing are gone

I wouldn't touch a combi swap for less than £1000. But for 1 maybe 2 days work I would charge more considering the work involved.
look at job
Source and buy materials
install and commission
Sign off and invoice
receipt and banking

Those days off working for nothing are gone

1k labour ?

£2300 -2500 parts and labour, pointless working for less, take a good 2 sometimes days to do things tidily, ensuring a clean system with all controls functioning correctly. Bugger morning bashing one on the wall. But it is a choice you make, lot of people out there working hard and for not a lot, I rather work for a reasonable amount and be home at a reasonable time as well

£2300 -2500 parts and labour, pointless working for less, take a good 2 sometimes days to do things tidily, ensuring a clean system with all controls functioning correctly. Bugger morning bashing one on the wall. But it is a choice you make, lot of people out there working hard and for not a lot, I rather work for a reasonable amount and be home at a reasonable time as well

Just seen in the paper 995 combi to combi baxi duo 28 with power flush, that's what made me think

Mines coming out 1840 with Worcester atm

To be frank all these i wouldnt this....I wouldnt do that posts make me raise an eyebrow.

Perhaps if i lived in windsor or harrogate id get away with that.

All my work is perfect. Neat and tidy - done the right way but market forces and region dictate largely what you can get away with charge wise.
A combi swap takes me one day and its done right and flushed.

Some either work too slow ot charge too much HAH [emoji12]

To be frank all these i wouldnt this....I wouldnt do that posts make me raise an eyebrow.

All my work is perfect. Neat and tidy - done the right way but market forces and region dictate largely what you can get away with charge wise.

I work in one of the poorest income areas in the country, so market forces argument doesn't seem to apply, being as it takes a good morning to flush an average house you must do some long days :)

What boiler would this usually include? Intergas?

Nope i work efficient. The flush is flushing away while im decomissioning and then hanging new one.
First thing i do
TT.
Meter off etc.
Flush on.
Then boiler off etc
I dont hang about and work alone

If you can get that money - good for you.
But if you worked around here at those prices you wouldnt be working long

No point in rushing around but saying that with the apprentice working that day I would expect to get a combi swap and powerflush done in 1 day.

Nope i work efficient. The flush is flushing away while im decomissioning and then hanging new one.
First thing i do
TT.
Meter off etc.
Flush on.
Then boiler off etc
I dont hang about and work alone

crack on there mate, your main failure is to ensure the kettles on, I work alone as well, it is rare I ever get one with no issues that means it gets done in a day, you must have younger legs and work in bungalows, most of the houses round here are on hillsides and masses of steps, takes a 1/2 morning to cart the gear in :)

Bungalows i wish haha
Too many blooody fancy flats round here.
No fun lugging up and down the stairs.

Id love to charge more - dont get me wrong.
But ive tried and just didnt get work.... but i still make good money for me anyway !!!

Bungalows i wish haha
Too many blooody fancy flats round here.
No fun lugging up and down the stairs.

Id love to charge more - dont get me wrong.
But ive tried and just didnt get work.... but i still make good money for me anyway !!!

I always get people saying they cant charge more, but if you sit down and work out earnings required to pay for your van insurance time off etc etc, you will be shocked at the hourly rate needed to achieve this. I advice folks to sit down put all their fixed costs, variable costs down on paper, work out the no of hours they actually spend working then do the sums. Then you may rethink your hourly rates :) We have a bloke down here advertizing £35 boiler servicing and £25 for a land lord check 2 appliances, I am not worried, he wont be that busy for long :)

Loads of guys round here bashing them for a grand that includes all mats and labour pretty pants to be honest

In Plymouth,

See adverts all the time and know few lads that put them in for a grand its cheap tat tho however bottom line for cust is price here

I advice folks to sit down put all their fixed costs, variable costs down on paper, work out the no of hours they actually spend working then do the sums. Then you may rethink your hourly rates :)

I advise folks to skip that, pretend you did and then use the imaginary figure to justify the highest rate people will pay you and you'll stay busy with.

I advise folks to skip that, pretend you did and then use the imaginary figure to justify the highest rate people will pay you and you'll stay busy with.

all good pretending, unless your working too cheap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

how the outdoor sensor can prevent me from...
Replies
Views
That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back