swaps (combi to combi) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss swaps (combi to combi) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally ive worked out all my costs and like anyone need to know where i need to be. But on average at 700 clear per install thats not a bad rate.

My van is super organised.
My materials are always spot on for what i need becuse ive had a good look at quote time (except once)
Only had to go out once because i didnt notice but poofix give me 40mm waste instead of solvent weld.
I still got it done in a day but didnt finish til 9pm. Apart from that all run of the mill really...

I have sincerely tried to charge more but notwithstanding the odd exception - people ring about and the market sets its own rate- around here anyway lol.

Most have little....and the rest are fur coats and no knickers...

Following on from a thread a few days ago - i know this because when I have follow up called after a week or so - i have been told so "we got someone for less" (the market force value)

Last edited by a moderator:
Naturally ive worked out all my costs and like anyone need to know where i need to be. But on average at 700 clear per install thats not a bad rate.

My van is super organised.
My materials are always spot on for what i need becuse ive had a good look at quote time (except once)
Only had to go out once because i didnt notice but poofix give me 40mm waste instead of solvent weld.
I still got it done in a day but didnt finish til 9pm. Apart from that all run of the mill really...

I have sincerely tried to charge more but notwithstanding the odd exception - people ring about and the market sets its kwn rate- around here anyway lol.

Most have little....and the rest are fur coats and no knickers

i thought i was the only ocd plumber to have a tidy van with all I ever need in it :) I see that your fibbing about the no of days it takes you, as the rest of us stop at 4 and then carry on the next day :) so if your working that extra 5 hours you aint clearing £700 a day more like£350 :):):)

Loads of guys running around here throwing in like for likes for £800 - £1000
Best flush it gets is when they open the blow off to let the pressure out, bang the new one straight onto the pipes and out the door in under an hour.

The people paying for it dgaf about anything except price.
Stay away from them unless you are desperate.

Boiler swap for me is 2-3 days if its Combi to Combi,
That's allowing for flush with mains water, remove old boiler, use old flue hole or drill new,
Remake all connections making pipe work as neat as possible, run new condensate
Swap 2-3 radiator valves install wireless room stat and fit filter

Any rad changes, more valves or gas run to upsize i'll add extra days depending

Very similar to my pricing then; did an Si compact the other week for about that
I usually power flush too.
Took me 2 days, tidy profit in that for me

do you get many ? boiler changes etc as i seem to only get about 1/3 back and thats all the decent makes (boilers)

Combi to combis at the moment for me are £2750, using 831s, or logic plus.

Combi to combis at the moment for me are £2750, using 831s, or logic plus.

get many? thats nearly the price of a full system (boiler rads etc)

Loads, got three this coming week, two the week after, and four first two weeks of april

if you dont mind me asking how much profit are you getting/ price breakdown ?

Normally getting around the £900 mark clear profit, sometimes a bit less sometimes a bit more

Normally getting around the £900 mark clear profit, sometimes a bit less sometimes a bit more

I take it you mean after your wage etc, that's a good profit fella, fair play
If everyone kept to the same pricing boundaries it would be great

I take it you mean after your wage etc, that's a good profit fella, fair play
If everyone kept to the same pricing boundaries it would be great

Exactly that. You are always going to get someone to do it for £150 labour only, but then look at the lash up that the customer gets for that

i might be missing something but £900 profit?

I usually get upwards of £700 ish if it's a day job, but that's an easy install and not clear profit
Without a powerflush, only a mains and a chemical and a magnetic filter
Usually pipe up the boiler and get it running for a few hrs with the cleaner in it while finishing prv pipe, condense, rf stat etc

Yep for an oil swap I price to take out at least 800 to 900.

Just seen in the paper 995 combi to combi baxi duo 28 with power flush, that's what made me think

Mines coming out 1840 with Worcester atm

I would think that is literally a straight swap no gas/ condense run not altering pipe work at all so a 105 off the wall and duotec on.

From the book price at plumb they would make just short of £200 off that.

For a straight swap I'm around £1450 no filter or programmer and I look to make £500 off that. Funnily enough when I started going quiet I dropped to £400 and I haven't won one since.

I wouldn't fit any without a filter now, no matter how many yrs warranty it's supposed to be
You'll be hard pressed to get a free repair done in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

how the outdoor sensor can prevent me from...
Replies
Views
That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back