swaps (combi to combi) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss swaps (combi to combi) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't fit any without a filter now, no matter how many yrs warranty it's supposed to be
You'll be hard pressed to get a free repair done in the future
If its flushed well all necessary chems put in and details recorded theyll be hard pushed not to repair.

I did one today vertical flue charged £700 labour. Gave system a good flush and tidied yp pipework

If its flushed well all necessary chems put in and details recorded theyll be hard pushed not to repair.

Usually get my boiler kits from Grahams, not a bad deal including filter ,flue and chems
I explain it's a good investment for the customer and it doesn't give the manus much wriggle room to welch on the warranty repair, which they will if they can

Minimum wage in the south of England is like a playboys lifestyle in South Wales!

I can go to the cinema, have 5 woodbines, a bag of scrunchies on the way home and still have change from a Tanner
(and yes I did mean tanner not tenner)

I can go to the cinema, have 5 woodbines, a bag of scrunchies on the way home and still have change from a Tanner
(and yes I did mean tanner not tenner)

Scrunchies? Aren't they hair bands? And aren't tanners people who cure leather? I'm confused.

i might be missing something but £900 profit?

One I had yesterday:
£2750 - 20% vat = £2291- £994 materials = £1291 profit after vat, less days money, fuel, few odds of pipe etc. Well over a grand clear profit

Scrunchies? Aren't they hair bands? And aren't tanners people who cure leather? I'm confused.

And I thought you were Northern
Scrunchies, the bits of batter that don't stick to the fish, sausage, mars bar or whatever esle is in the cupboard
Tanner, sixpence or fortieyth of an old pound
No longer legal tender I believe
And by the way, you'll never cure leather, it's dead

Last edited:
Usually get my boiler kits from Grahams, not a bad deal including filter ,flue and chems
I explain it's a good investment for the customer and it doesn't give the manus much wriggle room to welch on the warranty repair, which they will if they can
I get the same from plumbs.
But I give them 2 prices with and without the mag clean.
They always go for the mag clean what i add £99 on for supply and fit.
So win win

To be frank all these i wouldnt this....I wouldnt do that posts make me raise an eyebrow.

Perhaps if i lived in windsor or harrogate id get away with that.

All my work is perfect. Neat and tidy - done the right way but market forces and region dictate largely what you can get away with charge wise.
A combi swap takes me one day and its done right and flushed.

Some either work too slow ot charge too much HAH [emoji12]
Yes I appreciate your post but one day hit man is a no from me

thats ok
If I were younger 2 a day would be possible but there were no combis when I was young

There aren't many straight swaps that take longer than a day, done properly as well.

all mine take longer than a day.
I get quite a bit of work from one day installs, replacing blocked pressure sensors, sorting vertical flues with no clips, setting the boilers up correctly so that dont continually cut out Not saying you cant do one properly in a day, but I only work 9 - 4 plus a bit of travelling, but I dont bother with lunch n breaks. So if all you morning/one day installs would like to crack on, it means I will get the repairs and servicing down the line :)

anyone one can throw a boiler on a wall and have it running in a few hours

Thats quite a crap suggestion really even though your hiding behind a smiley face.
Your basically suggesting that my installs must be in someway inferior to yours ??.

Climb down from your ivory tower and get real. What makes you think your superior or better because you charge more and work slower ???
Are you ex council ???

So far as i can see your overpriced and slow. But bigger fool them if they are prepared to pay for your elite'ist mug to show up [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji1] [emoji15]

Last edited by a moderator:
all mine take longer than a day.
I get quite a bit of work from one day installs, replacing blocked pressure sensors, sorting vertical flues with no clips, setting the boilers up correctly so that dont continually cut out Not saying you cant do one properly in a day, but I only work 9 - 4 plus a bit of travelling, but I dont bother with lunch n breaks. So if all you morning/one day installs would like to crack on, it means I will get the repairs and servicing down the line :)

Yes, but your old, slow and lazy.

Its all well and good if you can quote 1k labour but when you know unless you get the job you will sit on your arse doing nothing its better to quote half that and guarantee yourself some income!

Plus if customer has 3k to spend he gets 4 quotes yours leaves custoemr with 500 spare bob more often than not he will spend at least a chunk of that 500 on an extra i.e replace rads or trv or whatever.

Its all well and good if you can quote 1k labour but when you know unless you get the job you will sit on your arse doing nothing its better to quote half that and guarantee yourself some income!

Plus if customer has 3k to spend he gets 4 quotes yours leaves custoemr with 500 spare bob more often than not he will spend at least a chunk of that 500 on an extra i.e replace rads or trv or whatever.
Very true, but most of my installs are recommends, so Mrs Jones has hers done for £2750, and Mrs blogs has hers done for the same price, so everyone is happy.

With regards to sitting on my arse, I have quoted on 31 boiler changes and got 30 of them, so not really an issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

how the outdoor sensor can prevent me from...
Replies
Views
That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back