swaps (combi to combi) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss swaps (combi to combi) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people's greed never ceases to amaze me! Let me guess they charge their customer a grand labour for the swap and keep more than 80% of that to themselves? The vermin even got the cheek to post on here!

Spot on mate.

I charge my prices to reflect my overheads. I have a secretary to pay wages too each month. Another gas registered engineer to pay wages to each month. A business premises to pay rent and business rates each month plus all the other things that's are associated with running a business which keeps people employed. I bet there are not many gas engineers on here that have £80,000 per year overheads before they draw a wage them selves

Some people's greed never ceases to amaze me! Let me guess they charge their customer a grand labour for the swap and keep more than 80% of that to themselves? The vermin even got the cheek to post on here!

You have just said about virtually every company in the country.

To be quite honest though the price for a combi swap if paye then it's actually a good wage. If it's subbing then it's poor.

I charge my prices to reflect my overheads. I have a secretary to pay wages too each month. Another gas registered engineer to pay wages to each month. A business premises to pay rent and business rates each month plus all the other things that's are associated with running a business which keeps people employed. I bet there are not many gas engineers on here that have £80,000 per year overheads before they draw a wage them selves

you need to have a wife with horses to see what overheads are! :)

I expect no matter how many horses one has or how big they are...the ones on here will be bigger or more expensive to keep and i expect when they take a shiite - that will be bigger and better too.

crack on there mate, your main failure is to ensure the kettles on, I work alone as well, it is rare I ever get one with no issues that means it gets done in a day, you must have younger legs and work in bungalows, most of the houses round here are on hillsides and masses of steps, takes a 1/2 morning to cart the gear in :)

and 1/2 day carrying the beast in :D

Funny how times change tho use to get about £350 straight swap on H/a be done in few hours, then went down and down think some prices around here now are about £150

I used to get £55 for a boiler swap on the council, normally bbu,s. About three hours work with the same liner. Sometimes two a day. That was twenty five years ago.
And before you all chime in with it needed a new liner, I just didn't care.

I used to get £55 for a boiler swap on the council, normally bbu,s. About three hours work with the same liner. Sometimes two a day. That was twenty five years ago.
And before you all chime in with it needed a new liner, I just didn't care.

25 years ago? I was just leaving primary school then. Tell us a story grandpa!

Very true, but most of my installs are recommends, so Mrs Jones has hers done for £2750, and Mrs blogs has hers done for the same price, so everyone is happy.

With regards to sitting on my arse, I have quoted on 31 boiler changes and got 30 of them, so not really an issue for me.
I want to see your sales pitch thats excellent going

I want to see your sales pitch thats excellent going

I need that sales pitch! I'm losing more then I win on boilers. I've just priced a job incl supplying £2300 for a logic plus inc four and timer and £2425 for a baxi. Combi conversion and I've been out priced. Now I thought I went in cheap.

that's maybe why I don't do many combi swaps as I must be to expensive. I doesnt really concern me as its only a small part of what my company offers

I know how you guys feel i priced a valiant 832 to fit at £1975 which included using a magna cleanse to flush through system.
Got told someone priced same boiler at 200 cheaper . Spent a while explaining to customer that its important the next day is spent cleaning the system.

Still never got it lol.

I've asked the guy to let me know what price I was competing against, I'll update if he comes back to me.

I know how you guys feel i priced a valiant 832 to fit at £1975 which included using a magna cleanse to flush through system.
Got told someone priced same boiler at 200 cheaper . Spent a while explaining to customer that its important the next day is spent cleaning the system.

Still never got it lol.
That while you spent explaining could of be spent grafting and earning

Ive done a couple of Worcester 30si combis recently with a Worcester filter and Worcester wireless stat for around £2400+vat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

how the outdoor sensor can prevent me from...
Replies
Views
That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back