swaps (combi to combi) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss swaps (combi to combi) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but your old, slow and lazy.

you get my sense of humour then Leo, just pointing out to folk that doing things at a slower pace and taking a bit longer is less stressful and you'll live longer. I bet I do less hours and earn as much as a lot of people working all hours, but its my choice to do so, so go pick your toys up and chill out folks :):):):):).

If I am being accused of overpricing, reconsider your opinion on that one, I like to say I am reassuringly expensive (and now even elitist), it means I will always be happy to pop back , show peeps how to use the system and do any small changes required to the system setup, afte rall, I have been paid well and consider that these recalls that occur have already been paid for. There are more than one way to skin a cat, mine is different to the norm it would seem.

Its all well and good if you can quote 1k labour but when you know unless you get the job you will sit on your arse doing nothing its better to quote half that and guarantee yourself some income!

You forget, if you earn more per job, you can afford to sit around on your arse doing nothing

Personally I prefer to take longer not stress myself trying to rush and make sure the whole install is spot on, I get more joy out of doing a quality job than if I have to rush it a cut corners

you get my sense of humour then Leo, just pointing out to folk that doing things at a slower pace and taking a bit longer is less stressful and you'll live longer. I bet I do less hours and earn as much as a lot of people working all hours, but its my choice to do so, so go pick your toys up and chill out folks :):):):):).

If I am being accused of overpricing, reconsider your opinion on that one, I like to say I am reassuringly expensive (and now even elitist), it means I will always be happy to pop back , show peeps how to use the system and do any small changes required to the system setup, afte rall, I have been paid well and consider that these recalls that occur have already been paid for. There are more than one way to skin a cat, mine is different to the norm it would seem.

I beleive in getting as much as I can, but ! Your prices are dictated by some level by your competition.
Who ever your customers think are you're equivalent, as Mercedes Benz versus Bmw.
There are guys round here that do it silly cheap, and appear to fit them without stepping over the threshold.
I luckily manage to get roughly the same prices as e local three man firm that's vat registered. If I could charge more I would, but I know what my market will take.

I beleive in getting as much as I can, but ! Your prices are dictated by some level by your competition.
Who ever your customers think are you're equivalent, as Mercedes Benz versus Bmw.
There are guys round here that do it silly cheap, and appear to fit them without stepping over the threshold.
I luckily manage to get roughly the same prices as e local three man firm that's vat registered. If I could charge more I would, but I know what my market will take.

you hit the nail on the head there, it's the market you target that allows you to price accordingly. I admit I endeavour to hit the bmw/merc owners rather than bus users. I am not saying folks with less money are any worse to work for, its more likely that my market is more likely to moan and complain. It can back fire as a lot of my Aga folk have massive, inherited piles but bugger all in their wallets, and you have to prize out the notes for them occasionally :)

What about converting OV to combi?
They are priced accordingly, got one to do next month that really didn't want to do.
Boiler relocating to airing cupboard from kitchen, with pita flue run and new gas run.
Went in silly high at £5250 and they wanted me to do it, as I was not the dearest

They are priced accordingly, got one to do next month that really didn't want to do.
Boiler relocating to airing cupboard from kitchen, with pita flue run and new gas run.
Went in silly high at £5250 and they wanted me to do it, as I was not the dearest

got it wrong then :) you'll be ****ed when you bill them and find out you were a grand cheaper, dont you hate it when a customer says they were expecting a bigger bill............... mind you not a bad price for a swap like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gimme a job mate!

Anytime Adam, I can pimp you out and then sit on my arse at home watching Netflix lol

Which proves my point regarding pricing against competitors.

Which proves my point regarding pricing against competitors.

funny thing though is I tend to get a lot of work even though my quotes are higher than the competition, how do you explain that leo? I think I know why, but what is your opinion?

funny thing though is I tend to get a lot of work even though my quotes are higher than the competition, how do you explain that leo? I think I know why, but what is your opinion?

Your competition consist of mainly retards? Or it's your winning personality.

Your competition consist of mainly retards? Or it's your winning personality.

I think my competition is mainly well trained folk who know their stuff, so it must be the second reason :)

Ive seen many people try to do boiler swaps in a day, some do great jobs but a lot lash it in and cut corners.

If you can get away with doing it over 2 or 3 days and still get a good wedge per day out of it then why not I don't blame anybody that does that in a few years I hope to work less for more when I have a reputation that allows it.

I myself take 1.5 days to do a combi swap I have the boiler up and running by the end of day 1 and then go back and flush and snag on day 2. I find this works for me as I don't have to be in the merchant for smack on 7:30 and work my rear off all day. I used to do 1 day combi swaps and I have done some since but they are a pain and I would rather take my time and know I get it right.

Ive seen many people try to do boiler swaps in a day, some do great jobs but a lot lash it in and cut corners.

If you can get away with doing it over 2 or 3 days and still get a good wedge per day out of it then why not I don't blame anybody that does that in a few years I hope to work less for more when I have a reputation that allows it.

I myself take 1.5 days to do a combi swap I have the boiler up and running by the end of day 1 and then go back and flush and snag on day 2. I find this works for me as I don't have to be in the merchant for smack on 7:30 and work my rear off all day. I used to do 1 day combi swaps and I have done some since but they are a pain and I would rather take my time and know I get it right.

oh ****, I thought we had put this to bed and you go and stir things up.............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

how the outdoor sensor can prevent me from...
Replies
Views
That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back