T4TS Course..If your on it get in touch | Plumbing Courses | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss T4TS Course..If your on it get in touch in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

under the sink ull see the washer pipes disconnect them then connect the pressure test turn valve on then turn it off and reconnect washer pipes

HIYA! im so glad you all seem to be enjoying it. just started on mine and am really worried about all the bad thing's i have heard about this course. Saw it advertised on TV so decided to look into it. Signed up now i found a lot of bad press about it. Have decided to persevere with it and get practical experiance while i do the course so by the time i have finished the course i hope to have enough practical experiance to be able to get a job. good luck to all!

good luck to u i read all that stuff but it seems to me that the only bad press comes from those who started but dnt want to see it through

I heard the same.

However, for a distance learning college, they are really good. I've made it through the first two week practical and am submitting modules 13 - 24 now. (I've done the work, it just takes time to keep getting the code to access the TMA on the CD).

The first two weeks helped me get confidence with the practical side, it was quite intensive and I enjoyed it all. I attended the new centre in Hartlebury near Kidderminster. The centre was really well equipped, they have a canteen and free internet access on breaks. The tools and bays are neat and new. The tutors spent loads of time asking if you neeed any help and were always around. If you ever asked for help, you get full-on help, felt good to have that level of tutoring.

I had already done week 1 and 2 in Southampton last year, which was for the 'foundation level'. Unfortunately this was for the 6128 which became redundant, so when I upgraded to the intermediate tech cert 6129 level 2, I had to retake the week 2 this year. (I did still get the 6022 and 6032 C&G from last year plus the extra practice).

Southampton was good too, but not as good as Hartlebury.

I'm looking forward to taking my next two weeks in the next few months.

The only problems I've had with this course is the booking of the practical. I was quite lucky this time to get a booking for only 1.5 months in the future (October 4th) after I had completed module 12. The thing was, if I couldn't have made that week, I would have had to wait at least until February / April for a space.

They seem totally booked up, so it extends the time it takes to finish. It's compounded by the fact that you can't book it until the modules are completed. So there's a gap in learning.

Apart from that, the study books are good. I complimented mine by buying the Heinemanns Plumbing NVQ level 2 study book which is excellent for cross reference. I woudl highly recommend it, it's about £20 on Amazon.co.uk

I read the scare stories too, but I haven't really seen any evidence of it.

My biggest worry which does seem to be aparent is the lack of placements out there. People with better qualifications (full NVQ 2/3 + Gas Safe [ACS] + Part P) are struggling to get placements so how can I expect to get work when I finish my lowly tech cert 6129?

It seems the only way in to the industry is to buckle up and get self-employed. It sounds exciting to me and I think I'd be ok, there's just the feeling that to learn alongside someone would really be the best. I wouldn't mind shadowing someone for no pay, as long as I could learn about the 'real' work that happens in the real world. The troubleshooting and small tricks can only be picked up this way.

I've already written to local plumbers / contractors in my area, but I was deafened by silence. I called too, but most of the time I was told politely 'no' (even for working for free).

One of the students mentioned that his course type (full / advanced or something) includes getting placements with a company in the price. I suggest that it's worth it if you can get a guranteed placement, even for an extra thousand pounds or whatever. I think the benefit will be immense. Plus the reduced stress of trying to find someone to take you on.

Also, for getting money back after the practical -

I asked last year and they will refund £30 per day of expenses, if you live more than 30 miles away from the centre.

To get the money you will need to send all receipts / invoices/ tickets or whatever and a written letter to the admin of T4TS. They only process the requests at the beginning of each month, after which you'll get your money in about 2 weeks. So if you sent your receipts on the 5th November, you should get your money back by 19th December.

I hope this helps.

By the way, good luck to everyone on the course.

I would like to hear about other people's experiences and what hurdles they come across once finished.

hi all doing thr T4TS coures

I started the coures about 2 months ago. just started to do the scenario 3, an a bit stuck on the soundness checks can anyone help

underneath the sinh near the hot and cold pipe for the washing machine. you pressure check.turn tap on,check again,turn off,check again. hope this helped

TO ALL ON THESE TYPE OF COURSES. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS COULD YOU READ A BOOK ABOUT HOW TO DRIVE A CAR AND ONCE READ GO OUT AND DRIVE.....ERR NO, SO WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN READ BOOKS THEN GO WORK AS A PLUMBER AND KNOW WHAT TO DO, TO A GOOD STANDARD AT MINIMUM. :confused::confused:

TO ALL ON THESE TYPE OF COURSES. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS COULD YOU READ A BOOK ABOUT HOW TO DRIVE A CAR AND ONCE READ GO OUT AND DRIVE.....ERR NO, SO WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN READ BOOKS THEN GO WORK AS A PLUMBER AND KNOW WHAT TO DO, TO A GOOD STANDARD AT MINIMUM. :confused::confused:

Of course you would't be able to jump into a car and drive after reading a book about how to drive, that is why you have to pass the practical first. Do you know that you can learn how to drive in a week if you go on a intensive course? Imagine that. We are also going to be checked on our standard along the way, I believe with good practice we can also become good plumbers. Don't knock people down because of the path they chose we are only taking advantage of this opportunity of remote training as some of us can't afford to go to college whilst olding a job to provide for the family.

I've started T4TS course C & G 6129 Level 2 & 3 7 months ago and I'm enjoying it. I know I can't just walk into a job once I finished, that is why I am now doin'g some voluntary work once a week with my local plumber. When I finish my course I'm looking to go down the sole trader route to start with. It's not going to be easy but I will give it a good go. GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE!

I've

I totally understand what your saying but i was going on a similar course to this one and it was costing the same as another course i seen that was all practical basically. plus this place guranteed a work placement in your local area. all im saying is to ppl thinking of joining these courses look around first. i did research for over a year before i selected a company called brookhouse training. look em up brookhousetraining.com but goodluck to anyone who chooses this type of learning i dont knock you at all but i just think theres better options if you just dont rush in.

underneath the sinh near the hot and cold pipe for the washing machine. you pressure check.turn tap on,check again,turn off,check again. hope this helped
Hi mate I've competed that module already but aint checked it out for eeeges..yea its a bit trikky but you have to do a hot soundness and cold checks, and don't forget to plug unplug the hot secondary vents as this was where I found to have got stukk!!T4Ts I think's all good. Ok gonna run thre CD again and see how I do in that module as I can remember you need to complete the module before you can get another code to move on.. llol:D

I'm on it doing mod 5 at the moment and doing some research on the net, some of what's in the book seems a bit scarce of info so encourages me to look a bit deaper, but had some computer problems.

At the time there seemed to be no other way for me to get in and research turned up no leads, but thinking about it this is probably the best way for me to learn the theory rather than turn up at the training centre and not know one end of a pipe bender than another, lol.

Seriously though, it's good for the theory in my opinion, the trouble and the hard work begins getting some proper work in later, but just have to wait and see how it goes.

Hey just about to finnish the first book mod 4. was wondering at the end of the course what are we actually going to be qualified to do?
apperantly the domestic plumber course gives you all the tech certs but does NOT certify you to NVQ level 2 C&G 6089. to get to this level you need to be certified while working on jobs under the supervision of a qualified plumber. so according to some people ive spoke to this is not a qualified plumber.
train 4 trades are not very clear about this and its hard to get that info from them. they try and sell you another course after the basic plumbing one so that you can be qualified to level 2 NVQ, which seems to be another £1500.
anybody know for sure what the situation is with this, as its causing me a bit of stress?

Does nobody signing up for these courses ever bother to find out or research exactly what you are getting for your money before parting with it?

tamz, ive pointed this out before and got called 'negative'!! apparently its negative to say your only getting a tech cert and this isnt industry recognised. only for the to part with their money and then near the end say, hey im only getting a tech cert, i thought id be a plumber for £5k the salesman err i mean advisor told me

We'll wait for the daytime telly ads in a year or two

Have you had a plumbing course in the last xx years? Call dodgy lawyers today on 08xxxxxxx for an immediate consultation:):):)

Hey hows it going .... how far vare we ??? Get in touch ok or drop me a line..

Sorry stevo musta filled wrong header in, still got to use the site properly ..!

Does nobody signing up for these courses ever bother to find out or research exactly what you are getting for your money before parting with it?

I tried it and got no luck, I ended up with information on dodgy products, holidays and everything else, but not T4TS or any other training provider.

Now i don't know much about these different certificates as things have changed a lot since i did mine and even when i employ an apprentice they just go to collage and get their SVQ and a JIB card.
But
It took less than a minute to find these

Plumbing Course - Train to be a Plumber with Train4TradeSkills
Bottom line of 2nd last paragraph.

[DLMURL="http://www.cityandguilds.com/48182.html#"]Certificate in Plumbing | Plumbing | City & Guilds |[/DLMURL]
Click on "Your questions"
Then "which level is right for me"
Then if you are thinking of spending a lot of money on this read through the Key Document at the bottom.

"You can be confident your qualification is well respected within your industry."
Don't believe that bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

G
Top men both of you. Chalked for giving the...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Adam, the reason for the twinwall directly...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
R
Replies
Views
on31ll
O
Back