T50 on new install? | Central Heating Forum | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss T50 on new install? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

So you are thinking that a 17 kw boiler can,t keep up with the combined demand of both CH & DHW even if the Boiler is running continuously?

I suppose in the winter the incoming water temp could be as low as 5C, so at 10 lpm with a 40C rise it would require around 28kW with the hot water running full blast. Add another 7-8kW for CH on a cold day and it could get up to 35kW peak demand.

In the summer, if the incoming water was 18C, 17kW could provide 9lpm at 45C, so it could likely keep up forever.

The winter numbers above are a bit pessimistic, but with a more reasonable 10kW deficit, the tank should last around 40 minutes, or 400 litres if it starts at 65C and drops to 45C.

The combination of CH demand + mains water at 5/6C certainly requires a lot of energy especially if running HW demand at 10LPM for 30/40 minutes, the 120 litre cylinder wasn't much use with that sort of use.

What ~ is the DHW temp at 10LPM with cylinder temp at 50C. (current mains temp ~ 7.5C) as I'd like to do another LMTD calc on it.

I will see if I can measure that. I'll have to find a day/time when I can drop the store temperature without the family noticing.

No need to drop it, just give as accurately as you can any current readings, the important ones are the store temp, the DHW temp and estimated DHW flow, you can always take a another set of readings sometime when the store temp is at its lowest due to a big demand for both DHW & CH.

I think will I have to drop it, because there is a TMV that I have on its max setting, that appears to be around 48C, and I have no way to get upstream of that. I thought about plumbing the laundry sink direct to the hot from the plate exchanger, since sometimes very hot water is useful, but from what I have read it is not legal to have any hot taps that are not protected by the TMV. So do any calcs, I was thinking I would need to get the temps low enough that the TMV doesn't interfere.

Similar plumbing topics

That's a fair better idea or costly mistakes...
Replies
Views
Depends on the length of run from the gas...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
N
Agree with the above insulation and windows...
Replies
Views
Back