The reason I don't use flexis... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Guest123
  • Start date
  • Replies 160
  • Views 15K

Discuss The reason I don't use flexis... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think Whn1 knows what were talkina bout...
but im fighting my corner... im listening to what ur all sayin.... but id love to see u try getting into the tight spaces ive had (jokes aside) to and try soldering a pipe or not use a flexi...
I love getting into tight places :rolleyes: - but, back to plumbing, - if others can solder in hard places, then why not? Also don't solder or compress anything in awkward places that can be done out of place!

i'll do a deal, ill kick myself in 10 years if i find out you were right. n u the same?! .... but not in the shin, coz that really hurts :)

dancin plumba, we need to decide on music....?x

For me copper = professional job and flexis = DIY.

I know there are exceptions where flexis make sense, at the end of the day a piece of rubber hose coated in a steel braid is never going to be as strong as a well made section of copper pipe.

Claire. we've all seen incorrectly installed fittings of all types, including those that use fibre washers, but that is the fault of the installer and not of the material. I fault flexis as the material not for those who install them.

Copper will outlast flexis and plastic and that is why I prefer it. As professionals we have to be a cut above the diy brigade and I take more pride and satisfaction from a installation using copper.

By the way, most washing machine manufacturers recommend changing washing machine hoses every 5 years, so where does that leave flexis?

and i also remember something about washing machine valves being turned off when not in use
sorry to hijack this a bit, but who turns their water off when they go away on holiday? i do EVERY time, you dont just get bursts in winter, a wash mch hose can go anytime, flexi can burst (lets not go there haha) but also a leak can just appear, my sis in law phoned me in the middle of the night a few yrs back when her cistern split into 2 seperate halves in the middle of the night, some damamge done, but imagine it happened when they were away

woah, u must be pretty big boobed then kirk! i WILL not tell u my size but i wouldnt say it was small.. but i also wouldnt say they were too bug to be droopy, na what i mean?!!!!!
hhaha...oh my god, i cant beleive im sayin this

i'll do a deal, ill kick myself in 10 years if i find out you were right. n u the same?! .... but not in the shin, coz that really hurts :)

dancin plumba, we need to decide on music....?x

in 10yrs most of us will be pan breed

woah, u must be pretty big boobed then kirk! i WILL not tell u my size but i wouldnt say it was small.. but i also wouldnt say they were too bug to be droopy, na what i mean?!!!!!
hhaha...oh my god, i cant beleive im sayin this

I dont believe you, you need to prove it with pictures lol.

mfgs... you are in the wrong forum if u want boobies :)
i am a proffessional dont u know...:)

maybe im too young in the game to commet, but ive only seen one that has failed and that was because it was kinked. i really rate them. they are great on cold inlets to cisterns because they are less likely to cross thread as you can 'feel' it better.
i also think they are good for connections on bath taps that are on the back of a wall. you can connect hep to them, and push the bath into place without worrying you are straining it too much :)
why not, sweet, use hep all way to taps, still flexible and eliminates a potential weak point
that will be hard to fix down the line ?? ie have to take bath out ??:001_icon16:

thanks dancinplumba, i should of known ud come to the rescue.... ive not got much lovers in this post, but im stickin to my word!
i <3 u xx

There has been several attempts to replace copper with different materials...remember stainless steel for domestic use? and I don't think any one of them has come close to stealing copper's crown.

Copper and soldered fittings are equal in comparison to the cost of plastic and push fit fittings when you add on the price of inserts, the cost of each fitting (to change direction also requires a fitting), extra pipe clips etc.

Besides, I've yet to see a rat eat it's way through a copper pipe. They love the plastic stuff!

not sure what sort of places u work in, but i wouldnt work in places full of rats! plastic, as far as prices are concerned, is much more expensive.... your lookin at 25p for a end feed copper elbow fitting, but the difference is, you are able to get into spaces that you cant with soldered fitting with out potentially causing a fire.

am i wrong... but hep and john guest maybe hasnt been around long enough for an average lifespan?

Using flexis is a big enough boob for me mate.

And Claire there are rodents present in 95% of UK households at one time or another and most don't even know they are there.

Last edited by a moderator:
some one suggested i may be a fat bearded man called brian... which im not, but i hope dancinplumba is a gorgeous dark styled (hopefully a full head of hair)haired, with blue, or borwn (i dont mind) eyes, a cracking personality and a lovely big.....

some one suggested i may be a fat bearded man called brian... which im not, but i hope dancinplumba is a gorgeous dark styled (hopefully a full head of hair)haired, with blue, or borwn (i dont mind) eyes, a cracking personality and a lovely big.....
flexi?

pmsl claire way off ha ha ha
beautiful green eyes i have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

For a temporary solution, you can get an all...
Replies
Views
Many thanks Shaun. I'm going to put battens on...
Replies
Views
G
Excellent, i just had to clear that up because...
Replies
Views
giff299
G
Back