Transit or Vivaro? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter PatchettPlumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 85
  • Views 20K

Discuss Transit or Vivaro? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PatchettPlumbing

Hey All,

It’s been a while since I last posted on here, but things are going really well and I’m getting busier.

I settled for a Combo earlier in the year and only paid £1,800 for it, but now I’m getting into a bigger van needs already and looking at either the following

Vauxhall Vivaro Sportive 2.0 CDTI 115bhp – 11 Plate, 8,000 miles for £10,200 plus VAT
Ford Transit T280 2.2 TDCI 85bhp – 11 plate, 26,000 miles for £8,299 plus VAT

Driven both previously, like both but can’t help thinking the Transit is better made inside but obviously the Vivaro seems sporty!

Which one would you go for and why?

Thanks

Can't offer any opinions on either really, but I know the vauxhalls have issues with the 6 speed box

Always an option I guess, just not sure what max to spend on one.

this post helps me as well as i am looking for a newer bigger van.

3-4 k its a work van , brand new van may give impression your expensive too old van will look like your on your last legs imo

transit all day long, mates got 08 plate vauxhall, within 12 months needed a new steering rack,£1000 lighter..

Having had both, I'd go for the transit but with a better engine, min of 115.

had the same dilema earlier this year,

went for the transit, more reliable and cheaper to fix if it does go wrong

this post helps me as well as i am looking for a newer bigger van.
:iagree: I have been thinking of investing in a transit or vivaro. I think I like the look of the vivaro best.
but now I am going to look more seriously at the transit.
- useful post

does the trafic suffer the same as the vivaro does anyone know?

Never Ever Again, 05 Renault trafic is now parked up behind my retired partners garage, it broke our hearts over €6,000 spent on repairs in one year not driven hard or crazy loads like my transit was, kept breaking timing belts (well three) two required major surgery last one is the reason it's for the dump.

Possibly the most unreliable van I have ever had the misfortune to have relied on.

that's another off my list then thanks. looking more like a transit unless i can get a good cheap transporter

neither for me,i prefer my vito.but hey each to their own preference.

I bought a new Vivaro in February replacing a Transit, Only because it was cheaper to buy a new Vivaro than it was to buy a 2 year old Tranny with 20k on the clock.
Happy with the Vivaro so far although the interior isn't so durable. When its time to replace it in 3 years I may well go back to a Transit although I understand they are all going to be made in Turkey by then & their build quality isn't so good so that will be a consideration too.

combos are good wee vans,but you cant beat a transit:tounge_smile:

that's another vote for a transit (was going to put tranny but thought better of it lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
I only read the title as I got bored of...
Replies
Views
Back