Transit or Vivaro? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter PatchettPlumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 85
  • Views 20K

Discuss Transit or Vivaro? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
vauxhall electrics are terrible! transits are so well laid out in the cab. backbone of britain:yesnod:

my expert had a few issues sorted under warranty buts been very good since,when it dies i wont be touching a vivaro i nearly bought one before the expert but my uncle a mechanic with BT said vivaros are tat BTW steve vivaro,traffic and primestar are all the same vans,we have a transit its the new shape basically the same engine as my expert and has been bomb proof just rusts badly ,when my expert finally dies i would replace it with the newer shape expert but would go for the high roof LWB,my merchant has one said its been superb

my expert had a few issues sorted under warranty buts been very good since,when it dies i wont be touching a vivaro i nearly bought one before the expert but my uncle a mechanic with BT said vivaros are tat BTW steve vivaro,traffic and primestar are all the same vans,we have a transit its the new shape basically the same engine as my expert and has been bomb proof just rusts badly ,when my expert finally dies i would replace it with the newer shape expert but would go for the high roof LWB,my merchant has one said its been superb

I know a couple of lads with new expert/scudos and they've been good vans. Good shape too.

I bought an 09 Vivaro new. Its had a new windscreen top seal (needed replaced after about 2 hours). It kept blowing fuses after about a month or so (it was a known fault that needed new wiring). I've been in a battle with Vauxhall about a perforation in the roof that they said wasn't covered in their anti-perforation warranty. I'm having to hold onto it for another year or so but its not getting replaced with another Vauxhall ever again.
I'm even considering a Toyota Hilux instead of a van next time as I don't really need much space. Most of my stuff I can get delivered to site anyway.

Transit best van ive had why dont you get a new van on a finance/hp deal and put the rest in a savings account or pay the amount you owe from what you got then you have a new van (looks a bit better when you turn up) and a better resale at the end ? Not telling you just an idea it works for me

I have a Combo, has your central locking packed up yet arron?

hi phil no not yet i have had every other problem under the sun though!! timing chain snapped,fuel pressure probs! you name it ive had it! love it tho:cheesy:

Transit best van ive had why dont you get a new van on a finance/hp deal and put the rest in a savings account or pay the amount you owe from what you got then you have a new van (looks a bit better when you turn up) and a better resale at the end ? Not telling you just an idea it works for me
depreciation puts me off a brand new van IMHO

Transit. I've got a long wheel base one and it's been solid. All Transits are greedy on the diesel though.

Depends what you carry in it. You've seen a picture of mine, it's like a mobile PTS/Wickes mobile.

Depends what you carry in it. You've seen a picture of mine, it's like a mobile PTS/Wickes mobile.
well my dad and the muppet work out of the transit its always got far to much kit in there what ever system my dad implements the muppet is to lazy to stick to it,he is not allowed near my expert or allowed to use any of my gear

I must be lucky! My Trafic (aka Vivaro) is 11 yrs old come January and was main dealer ex demo. Never had a moments trouble (famous last words!) but only just to 70K miles all local.
Had a few ball joints and a battery plus a few tyres and some oil and filters at irregular intervals plus a cambelt at 55K. Just sailed through MoT again.
If anything does go it will be the gas axe for it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers for that mark expert is another on my list at the mo.

oh and i know vivaro/trafic/primastar are the same, do they all use the same gearbox/engines or their own makes?

cheers for that mark expert is another on my list at the mo.

oh and i know vivaro/trafic/primastar are the same, do they all use the same gearbox/engines or their own makes?
AFAIK all the same engines and boxes ,but as mr d said different more reliable box on the 2.0

Thanks for all the replies so far, I'm off to view a Ford Transit Trend tomorrow.

With regards to a 'sporty' van, I want something that is new(ish) with low mileage that will last me, I do a LOT of subcontracting in London with my uncle so can spend 2 weeks down there at a time working flat out, so I want something reliable, with gadgets and economical.

AFAIK all the same engines and boxes ,but as mr d said different more reliable box on the 2.0
its the vauxhall 1.9cdti used throughout the range,(does not know about 2.0)just rang my uncle to ask,he said as a reliable van,compare to the worst boiler you work on,so basically its a ideal icos with wheels

I've just downsized to a caddy from a transt doing more service and repair work now.
its up for sale if your interested I bought it from new cost23k
its a swb 110 bhp, electric wndows, electric heatedmirros,auto lights, auto wipers, heated quick clear screen, cruise control,voice control, Bluetooth, six cd head unit changer all ford factory fitted full service history, full galv roof rack and racked out inside with Brian store racking.
its 57 plate with 56k miles any inspection welcome
if you want to see some photos just let me know.
cheers
stu

I'd love a bigger van but I'm rubbish at parking, what van is bigger than a Combo but smaller than a Transit?

Had a Vito once but was forever creasing the sides up on low walls, never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
I only read the title as I got bored of...
Replies
Views
Back