Transit or Vivaro? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter PatchettPlumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 85
  • Views 20K

Discuss Transit or Vivaro? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lwb vivaro, only beacuase I could not find a tranny in decent nick, or could not afford a transporter.

There you go, clear as mud

hard to pick out a clear winner everybody has there own pros and againest ! ohwell !

I used to be a Transit fan, but my old firm had 2 Mk7s and they were trouble. First one was a brand new 110ps 2.2 TDCI that lasted 300 miles before the cylinder head was sent off to Dagenham for repair. Starter motor and gearbox failed.

Second one was an 85ps 2.0 TDCI, which was my van, two starter motors failed, intercooler hose split and various bits of external trim kept coming loose. Not to mention they both rusted for fun and weren't that great on fuel!

That said, I'll probably still buy one when I can afford it, but I think I'll try and find a late MK6 and have the rust and bodywork sorted. Going to try and get my Caddy to 170k first, got another 33k to go!

I used to be a Transit fan, but my old firm had 2 Mk7s and they were trouble. First one was a brand new 110ps 2.2 TDCI that lasted 300 miles before the cylinder head was sent off to Dagenham for repair. Starter motor and gearbox failed.

Second one was an 85ps 2.0 TDCI, which was my van, two starter motors failed, intercooler hose split and various bits of external trim kept coming loose. Not to mention they both rusted for fun and weren't that great on fuel!

That said, I'll probably still buy one when I can afford it, but I think I'll try and find a late MK6 and have the rust and bodywork sorted. Going to try and get my Caddy to 170k first, got another 33k to go!

Transits have a 6 year no rust guarantee as long as its not caused by stone chips etc

Transits have a 6 year no rust guarantee as long as its not caused by stone chips etc

The Transit "no rust" guarantee isn't worth the paper its written on. Transits must be one of the rustiest vehicles on the road these days but I doubt Ford have ever paid out on that warranty, they will always argue that rust is caused by stone chips or other damage. I sold my Mk 6 a year ago & it looked a shed as it was so rusty, damn good van otherwise though.

Typical isn't it? Find this Vivaro, then a Trend Transit becomes available at £1000 more with 126k on the clock which I know is probably better long term than the Vivaro lol.

Typical isn't it? Find this Vivaro, then a Trend Transit becomes available at £1000 more with 126k on the clock which I know is probably better long term than the Vivaro lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
I only read the title as I got bored of...
Replies
Views
Back