Transit or Vivaro? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter PatchettPlumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 85
  • Views 20K

Discuss Transit or Vivaro? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love a bigger van but I'm rubbish at parking, what van is bigger than a Combo but smaller than a Transit?

Had a Vito once but was forever creasing the sides up on low walls, never again.

All vans are bigger than combos lol.

VW or Mercedes

yep i agree......here's my 190 BHP beast! Silver Vito Sport, shes a beaut and racked out inside.....
Vito1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for a van thats square you get more in thats why i went for a transit to many curves on merc which is what i had before but it was a strong van clutch heavy though

Lol Phil, mines 3 year old next month....so looked at the new one 116 sport now 163 BHP standard from my 150bhp standard but mine is mapped to around 190 bhp, Mark runs the same one as mine but V6 204 BHP version, which has now been upgraded to 224 bhp on the new model......but the V6's are auto only and 5 speed at that, mines a 6 speed manual, Mark does 2 tanks of diesel to my 1 lol!! James also has a Vito looks funny 3 silver vito's in convey on the way to bigger jobs!

i am waiting until summer now far too busy to mess around swapping vans that's for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love a bigger van but I'm rubbish at parking, what van is bigger than a Combo but smaller than a Transit?

Had a Vito once but was forever creasing the sides up on low walls, never again.

How about Nissan NV200? Great on fuel, average 56mpg if your careful. Racked mine out sweet. Bigger than a combo smaller than a tranny sorry transit. Quite cheap too.

How about Nissan NV200? Great on fuel, average 56mpg if your careful. Racked mine out sweet. Bigger than a combo smaller than a tranny sorry transit. Quite cheap too.

Just been checking these out, looks a good van thanks. What are the parts prices like? Never owned Japanese.

Japanese held the Irish car and van market for a long time, for reliability they are still very good (except nissan primastar)

They (Toyota, Mitsubishi) did drop back on driver comfort and fuel economy where they once were the leaders, Plumber friend drove a Toyota Hiace for years always changed for same van same colour until he heard the mpg figures for the VW T5 and 6 speed gearbox, bought his first VW a few months ago and loves the drive as well as double the MPG.

Another had the T5 1.9 wouldn't pull your socks off and because of the constant load was always breaking something, bought a new Transit last week so waiting to hear his thoughts as I will have to change my VW T5 next year, she is getting old and mileage is clocking up, it will be hard to convince me to change, might buy the new LWB Caddy, I still have my trusty 98 LWB semi high transit in reserve.

Hi All,

Long time since I updated this, but collected my new van at the weekend and decided against the Transit in the end.

I have just collected an 08 plate Vivaro 2.0 CDTi 115bhp LWB from a 1 company owner company, it has a full vauxhall service history with 123000 on the clock, very good excellent clean condition. Only ever had light use, so been looked after. Really happy with it, I know there has been issues but Uncle has had one now for 18 months and touch wood nothing. Only paid £4000 + VAT for it so can't argue.

Need to get it booked in for signwriting now, but booked up still end of Feb!

123k?! You're a braver man than I, my friend. Couldn't buy a van to rely on everyday with that mileage.

Doesn't bother me to be honest, it's been look after with all the history I have got with it so I'm quite happy knowing what it's had done. I guess time will tell, can't argue for price - haven't had to borrow for it.

True mate :) which van do you have out of interest?

It has full electric pack too, bulkhead etc.

I've got a vito sport, got it new 3 year ago, only 27k on the clock now but it's never missed a beat. Only money I've spent on it was tyres.

Agree Steve, but most are shot at same price I pai for Vivaro.

Never thought twice about running Transits - we have 3 of various sizes love them
HOWEVER we hired the odd citroen recently and the fuel economy is amazing even
the luton types on runs like Lancashire - Ipswich and back. The citroens also seem
to have bigger tanks so less time stopped. There arent many holes for 2 ltr drink bottles
and Mcd's drinks tho.

centralheatking

I was thinking about the vivaro but might sway towards a transit after reading this lol.

When business is booming I think I'll have a transit but for now I will try this.

Just ordered my roof rack and pipe carrier, then just need sign writing, Bluetooth kit installing and some racking in the back.

Always have and always will run a Transit. Rock solid and easy to get parts for. Downside is fuel economy on some of the bigger models like my long wheel base version, but that's to be expected as mines is always fully loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
I only read the title as I got bored of...
Replies
Views
Back