Unvented course | Plumbing Courses | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented course in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

Chris that would take longer to pick your pen up it than think about it.
Btw you lot were slow on the blending valves :wink:

Would be interested if you could answer just the two questions in post 56 in just your 10 mins Gray ?
but more to the point your continued suggestion that there is no need for training or assessment in this area may give the impression to those that do not have it, that there is no need to & they will start working with these systems & that can not be a good thing can it ????????????????

How many un-vent HW systems do you go out to where there are no installation faults ??

I didn't mention that no training was required
But any I have done anyone could pass there to make money they want you in and out that's it
I'm sure there not all like that but it's not a teaching Course imho as long as you bother to turn up you will pass

Would be interested if you could answer just the two questions in post 56 in just your 10 mins Gray ?
but more to the point your continued suggestion that there is no need for training or assessment in this area may give the impression to those that do not have it, that there is no need to & they will start working with these systems & that can not be a good thing can it ????????????????

How many un-vent HW systems do you go out to where there are no installation faults ??

What 2 questions are they

And I know you are more experienced, qualified and everything then me but what I am saying is that the reassessments are worth it even if it is 1 thing you learn, it is 1 thing which will save someones life and your career

Don't think me knowing I can run in plastic is going to save a life but ill take your point on board jase thanks mate

For a bath it's a mixing valve
And don't have a clue on the 15mm open vent
And can't be bothered to get laptop tbo
And I wouldn't put in an pen vented heating system with an unvented cylinder anyway
Over here jase we do it through building control

do you know why

No and thats kind of why i am asking but the college told me that you should be registered with the building control as an approved fitter and then there should be 2 benchmark stickers with a cylinder, 1 is left on cylinder, the other is sent to building control.

every G3 certified plumber I have spoken to does not do this

No and thats kind of why i am asking but the college told me that you should be registered with the building control as an approved fitter and then there should be 2 benchmark stickers with a cylinder, 1 is left on cylinder, the other is sent to building control.

every G3 certified plumber I have spoken to does not do this

so the fire brigade know

which is where I am confused as college said you can not do it through Gas safe, yet the book says you can do it through competent persons scheme, yet the college said you have to be directly registered with the council?

nope they have to be registered with building control

I'm only down the road from Gray our County councils don't know what building control is just that they should have one :)

Register with UK building control because the cylinder should be serviced / inspected on a regular basis as it has the potential to be dangerous?

you don't have to be registered with the council you can register with corgi, napitt, niceic or any of the other scam providers they'll all relieve you of £500 or more but at least you'll be legal and sleep at night knowing they're looking after you're welfare because they're not in it just for the money.

Why would the fire brigade want to know? Unlikely to catch a cylinder on fire! I think it used to require approval prior to installation, then competent persons schemes came along and you could self certify so all a bit pointless but the regulations were still in force.

Also I don't know why everyone thinks they are so dangerous, pretty sure there have been no reported issues of one exploding in the UK (certainly remember hearing that a few years back, and the re assessments will have tightened up the standards!) :30: You'd have to have multiple safety device failures for it to do that.

Similar plumbing topics

It’s more of a thing in commercial eg dead...
Replies
Views
6035 is the diploma, 6189 is the NVQ. 9189 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I’m hoping I find some luck here, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on...
Replies
Views
S
I just moved into a house with an ACV Heat...
Replies
Views
Sam007
S
Back