Unvented cylinder - water pressure | Bathroom Advice | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented cylinder - water pressure in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, looking for advice about unvented cylinder. I had one installed as part of a horrific modular loft conversion that was recently finished. The water pressure in the bathrooms is poor, probably worse than when just had combi and I cant use two showers/bathrooms at one time which was the point in having it installed. When first installed it seemed good but then there was a leak in the system. Leak was fixed but pressure now poor. The tested cold incoming measures at 22 lpm and 3 bar but when i check this in bathrooms its less than 8lpm. The plumber is refusing to return as loft company arent paying him(think theyre going under) and his only advice is that the incoming supply is the issue. Im not convinced though due to rate during test and i've recently tested outside tap and its 3 times quicker than inside. The new shower in loft occassionally has fluntuating pressure that you can see by eye. Does anyone have any advice?

I may be hedging my bets here but is there a chance that these cowboys have actually accidentally bypassed the cylinder and your hot water is all coming from the Combi still

J have done. Kitchen sink comes straight from boiler and hot is about 8lpm. Same as shower in loft. Test on outside tap is consistent with their test. Was definitely over 20lpm

Cold water test the cold please

I will get somebody onto it. What are the main risks of having it on side?

No warranty could split due to not designed for that

Have they allowed for the weight load in that area

It’s not installed to spec. It won’t heat correctly, your drawing off hot water from half way up so it won’t be hottest if cylinder is going through a reheat

Just one further question. The plumber put a pump on the cold water supply because he said without it i wouldnt get many showers worth. Is this kind of pump needed on vertically installed units or did he know what he was doing was rubbish and decided to get the best out of it? He advised at the time that he was going to tell the loft firm that it needed one.

Similar plumbing topics

Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’d look no further than an unvented. If you...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
  • Question
It’s cheaper to buy an unvented cylinder (8...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
More likely get a drop in performance.
Replies
Views
Back