Unvented cylinder - water pressure | Bathroom Advice | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented cylinder - water pressure in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, looking for advice about unvented cylinder. I had one installed as part of a horrific modular loft conversion that was recently finished. The water pressure in the bathrooms is poor, probably worse than when just had combi and I cant use two showers/bathrooms at one time which was the point in having it installed. When first installed it seemed good but then there was a leak in the system. Leak was fixed but pressure now poor. The tested cold incoming measures at 22 lpm and 3 bar but when i check this in bathrooms its less than 8lpm. The plumber is refusing to return as loft company arent paying him(think theyre going under) and his only advice is that the incoming supply is the issue. Im not convinced though due to rate during test and i've recently tested outside tap and its 3 times quicker than inside. The new shower in loft occassionally has fluntuating pressure that you can see by eye. Does anyone have any advice?

Pretty noisy as well

20181111_203818.jpg

20181111_203818.jpg

That pump is a secondary return pump

Only way they could install it is from the cold cylinder connection to the hot

But that won't work on your cylinder

If it's plumbed into the cold eg cold is flowing from the stop tap to this then out to your cylinder then that would add some restriction

Any chance on getting a bit more light in there ?

being used as a strat pump which with your cylinder doesnt do anything

Another interesting part of the puzzle is that he said that loft firm owe him 10k and were trying to get him to sign contact retrospectively which said they were just an agent and the contract was between me and him. He was saying there was no way hes going to sign it...not sure where this leaves me legally!

These are the questions you need to ask. I would still say as he’s physically installed there is liability. Particularly as he’s installed it so wrong. Also it’s funny that he’s coming up with the excuses already

These are the questions you need to ask. I would still say as he’s physically installed there is liability. Particularly as he’s installed it so wrong. Also it’s funny that he’s coming up with the excuses already
Doesn't help the home owner but if the loft company put the wrong cylinder up there before the plumber started. They owe him money and are about to go bust and told him to make it work or he will never see his money
He may be stuck between a rock and hard place.

Similar plumbing topics

Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’d look no further than an unvented. If you...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
  • Question
It’s cheaper to buy an unvented cylinder (8...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
More likely get a drop in performance.
Replies
Views
Back