water help no hot water | Bathroom Advice | Page 6 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss water help no hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hi we have an issue with our heating and water system . new flow switch and new pump , system bled , all done by a professional but still no hot water or heating. when the plumber left yesterday we had boiling radiators and some hot water although the heating was switched off. my suspicion is diverter valve but unsure as to why nothing is working again now. boiler tries to kick in but says FD error (flow)

would be really happy for some advice as we have been 4 weeks without hot water no and the Mrs isn't happy.

thanks in advance
John

Hopefully this shows it ok

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190803-140500.png
    Screenshot_20190803-140500.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Its the manual start led thats illuminated, don't know what the 69 or 6.9 means but the red dot shows a fault condition I presume, the fault codes in my manual are prefixed with a E ie E21 etc.
I hope that red light isn't because of pump blocking/o/load etc.
I see you have it selected to speed 3 again.
I just did that venting on mine at its normal 4M setting and when it finished the power is now 14W (boiler off) which is ~ 8 LPM, its normally 17/18W., so if you cant get it to 14W or > then I think you will have to abandon ship.

Progress update, plumbers have been today, 3.5 hours and looks like we are functional. It looks like it was air. They have simplified the pipework in the airing cupboard. Still sounds like a bit of air in the pipework though. Pump is running between 31 and 33w.

Progress update, plumbers have been today, 3.5 hours and looks like we are functional. It looks like it was air. They have simplified the pipework in the airing cupboard. Still sounds like a bit of air in the pipework though. Pump is running between 31 and 33w.

That's great news JP, that airing cupboard is well named. You should be circulating ~ 10/12 LPM if on speed 3. (6M)

Well unfortunately the saga continues, everything worked great Friday Saturday Sunday Monday then as we got up this morning FD error back on boiler. Give them their due plumbers back out today but couldn't get it going. They are thinking heat exchanger but won't commit till boiler stripped as as you all know they are expensive.:eek:

Restating testing mentioned earlier.
Switch demand for heating and hot water off on programmer and turn down both thermostats.
Now switch off power to the entire system using the spur box.
The 3 port should move to hot water setting.
Now select hot water on programmer and turn cyl thermostat up.
The 3 port should remain at hot water setting and boiler and pump should start.
Now switch hot water off on programmer and turn down cyl thermostat. Boiler and pump should stop , the pump may run on for a few minutes after the boiler stops.
Now turn on demand for heating and turn the room thermostat up.

The 3 port should move to heating and the boiler and pump should start.

Now, request hot water and turn up the cylinder thermostat.
The 3 port should move to the middle position.

Post the results of the 3 tests here which would help diagnostics.
[automerge]1565728607[/automerge]
Obviously, switch on the mains to do the testing - missed the step oops
[automerge]1565728771[/automerge]
Sorry just got the previous update - after I posted.

Just ignore

Righty ho this is the latest, blocked heat exchanger, plumbers today have managed to unblock part of it but it's buggered really, short term fix very short term so we are having a new boiler fitted next week or week after as it will give us 10 year warranty. Could just just change heat exchanger but we will feel better with new boiler.

Righty ho this is the latest, blocked heat exchanger, plumbers today have managed to unblock part of it but it's buggered really, short term fix very short term so we are having a new boiler fitted next week or week after as it will give us 10 year warranty. Could just just change heat exchanger but we will feel better with new boiler.

Glad you finally got to the bottom of it

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
The timeclock is hopefully fairly self...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back