Weird Call Out | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Cumbria Handyma
  • Start date
  • Replies 107
  • Views 14K

Discuss Weird Call Out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cumbria Handyma

What is the weirdest job you have ever been called out to. I was called out yesterday to remove a spider from a bath.

Out of interest, did you go? and if so how much did you charge?

Mine could well be tomorrow morning - a bricky called me earlier panicking because he's fitted some new rads or something and is begging me to fix it before the homeowners return. I'll have the camera phone ready just in case.

Strangest call out to date for me though was to get someone's ladder back down from their roof. He'd let a roofer use his set as a cat ladder but he left them up there before packing his own away and going home.

Had a Saturday morning call out to get someone's bath plug out for them! That's up there with my weirdest

Had a Saturday morning call out to get someone's bath plug out for them! That's up there with my weirdest
Reminds me, looked at a slow draining sink in sheltered accommodation where two fellas lived together and found a digestive wrapper and fully intact scourer sponge in the plug hole. They both denied any knowledge of how they must have got in there.

Reminds me, looked at a slow draining sink in sheltered accommodation where two fellas lived together and found a digestive wrapper and fully intact scourer sponge in the plug hole. They both denied any knowledge of how they must have got in there.

Faulty Vokera, only it wasn't strangely working perfect, and un be known to me only 3 days old.........his wife hated the size and the "look" of it, could I quote for a new boiler whilst I was there.....

they got a call out charge alright lol

I once serviced a boiler and took the cover off and a gay pron magazine fell off the top.

Both of the male "friends" that lived there denied all knowledge that it was theirs.

I once serviced a boiler and took the cover off and a gay pron magazine fell off the top.

Both of the male "friends" that lived there denied all knowledge that it was theirs.

Bet you took it home as it wasn't claimed....

Pahahahaha busted!

You still got it? I'll swap you for a 'Sumo Sue & The Fat Chicks' DVD.

I would have gone there with the superfire 2

Get used to weird calls stan mate. I worked in Kettering/Northampton for 1 year for BG and met some of the strangest people going. Had some weird call outs and nonsense calls. Made earning money easy though :)

had one from my aunt and uncle few months ago got back from their hols and phoned me saying heating not working .I turn up and first thing i see no power to boiler switched it on and it worked fine .
Uncle just looked at me and said suppose it helps if i turn it on lol

Got called to retrieve an old fella glass eye from the basin trap!

My mate got called out late at night to remove a cat from a chimney!

when i was doin the social housing circ got a call saying "every now and then my fire makes a low buz like humming noise" the lady had left her pager (bet the younguns dont remember those) on top of the fire. it was behind an ornament and kept vibrating...social housings the best for stories i'll try and remember a few

when i was doin the social housing circ got a call saying "every now and then my fire makes a low buz like humming noise" the lady had left her pager (bet the younguns dont remember those) on top of the fire. it was behind an ornament and kept vibrating...social housings the best for stories i'll try and remember a few

I did my apprenticeship on social housing and working in it for 4 years and would hate to go back to it now.

I work in the private houses now and love it. Housing association work makes me cringe looking back now. I reckon atleast 95% of tenants live in squalor and 100% want a new boiler.

I used to be on call out for 7 days every 5 weeks and I hated it, the amount of calls we went to where it was made out to be worse or a tenant had lied was unreal. We used to get between 30-50 calls a week on call and I reckon only about 4 maybe 5 where actually emergencies. Makes me sick :-(

social housing puts hair on yer chest, id recommend all new lads to have a stint working in it just so they can see everything else is better and stop moaning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am glad that you got rid of the smell :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
That seems insane that different towns/cities...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Go to the next access manhole and check that...
Replies
Views
Back