Weird Call Out | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Cumbria Handyma
  • Start date
  • Replies 107
  • Views 14K

Discuss Weird Call Out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that you waving at me when my house passed yours on the a45 yesterday evening??

Yes, I was actually trying to tell you you'd left your horse tied to the back. Poor thing was running like Seabiscuit.

And Vaillant's are usually 'Valiant's'.
That really bugs me! I phone Vaillants technical once and the guy answered "Vay-Lee-Unt Technical, Bob speaking, how can I help?" I felt like replying "Well you can start by pronouncing you're employers name correctly for one!"

I often repair Worcestershire Bosch boilers aswell!

Once got called out to an elderly gent who had installed an outside tap to help him wash his car. Apparently it didn't work very well and the boiler was constantly tripping out. He was pleasantly surprised that sometime the water was warm.
Answers on a post card ( oh yes, pressure was always dropping on his system as well. )

will that inhibitor help his car from rusting???? could be a good idea for all us transit drivers!!!!!!!

I tell you what I'm not enjoying at the moment, call outs from my neighbours.

I know that sounds miserable, but I like to know when I'm home that I can choose whether to pick up the phone.

I moved from a totally remote property with no neighbours at all, to a house in a little close. Everyone is really friendly and maybe I'm just being a git. But I keep getting asked to do work by neighbours, and I'm really not up for it at all.

I got nabbed this very morning on the way out to my van. What can you say! "sorry mate, get another plumber" makes me look like a right ****!

I did actually turn down a bathroom, as I felt ok saying I was too busy for that, but when someone wants their immersion heater changed, it’s quite tricky to say no!

I tell you what I'm not enjoying at the moment, call outs from my neighbours.

I know that sounds miserable, but I like to know when I'm home that I can choose whether to pick up the phone.

I moved from a totally remote property with no neighbours at all, to a house in a little close. Everyone is really friendly and maybe I'm just being a git. But I keep getting asked to do work by neighbours, and I'm really not up for it at all.

I won't work for anybody in at least a ten door radius. You end up getting the muppet three doors away knocking on your door at half eight at night because the taps dripping.

I got nabbed this very morning on the way out to my van. What can you say! "sorry mate, get another plumber" makes me look like a right ****!

I did actually turn down a bathroom, as I felt ok saying I was too busy for that, but when someone wants their immersion heater changed, it’s quite tricky to say no!

Just tell them you have a policy of not working for neighbours, as your home is a no work area.

Been there danny. I've done work for neighbours before. One of them thinks they don't have to pay me because i'm their 'friend', another one pays me with a few pots of ice cream that she gets from her work, and another one likes to knock on my door on sunday mornings for some diy advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am glad that you got rid of the smell :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
That seems insane that different towns/cities...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Go to the next access manhole and check that...
Replies
Views
Back