Weird Call Out | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Cumbria Handyma
  • Start date
  • Replies 107
  • Views 14K

Discuss Weird Call Out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a fair few people call Worcesters winchesters. It always makes me laugh.

Ive been taken to the airing cupboard a fair few times to be shown the "boiler"

You should tell those customers that their problems are due to accumulation of Dihydrogen monoxide

Got a call to remove a ladies knickers!
Did it for free, (as you would!)
Fancy black skimpy pair that had got stuck through a hole in her washing machine drum, as a plastic paddle had broke off.
Girlfriend wasn't too pleased when I told her.:smile:

I've seen people throwing scrap paper onto DFE fires before claiming it's a real fire.

When I explain to ppl that I can do their boiler service if I bring my gas safe engineer with me

Customer ; but is he corgi
Me; no it's gas safe now
Customer; but is he corgi
Me; he's not a dog

When I explain to ppl that I can do their boiler service if I bring my gas safe engineer with me

Me; no it's gas safe now
Me; he's not a dog
I still occasionally hear people (other tradesmen) mention ACOPS.

Got asked if I was a Corgi today. Last job of the day. I just barked at her. :smile:

Not really I was as polite as ever and educated her. She didn't ask to see any ID though, so I could have just been talking BS.

Last edited:

Me; no it's gas safe now
Me; he's not a dog
this happens to me everyday.

Just goes to prove how poor a job gas safe have made of their attempt to be our governors.

got a call yestedray "blocked wc" i was the 3rd plumber to go there to sort it, flushed the toilet as you do to see water rising to the top then used a plunger, water went down ok , blockage sorted me thinks , put some loo roll in and flush , water goes down but loo roll doesent, remove pan connector at back , everything clear . so get gloves and put hand up the toilet swan neck to find a old pair of ladys underwear , a toilet soap holder or whatever they are called that clip on the pan and 7 pence!! Now thats what you called dirty money!! ( now in the piggybank to get a new drill :p )

got a call yestedray "blocked wc" i was the 3rd plumber to go there to sort it, flushed the toilet as you do to see water rising to the top then used a plunger, water went down ok , blockage sorted me thinks , put some loo roll in and flush , water goes down but loo roll doesent, remove pan connector at back , everything clear . so get gloves and put hand up the toilet swan neck to find a old pair of ladys underwear , a toilet soap holder or whatever they are called that clip on the pan and 7 pence!! Now thats what you called dirty money!! ( now in the piggybank to get a new drill :p )

I feel bad just reading it :) ohhhhhhhh

well at least i sorted it out! it puts that extra smile on your face when others have failed and you soted it!

image.jpgHad this guy from a HA that wanted a mixer tap and they wouldn't pay for him to have one...I left with right ill take matter into my own hands,
Went back for a boiler service next year to see this clever device!!

had one the other day boiler cut off because co alarm going off its a shame no one read SMOKE ALARM written on it nice easy one also the guy that called be out because his combi came on every time he turned on his hot tap it took a lot of explaining and also had one where he thought the gas meter engineer might have been a spy I work on alot of social housing and come across alot interesting character's:stuart:

My experiences with encounters with the opposite sex. when I was a apprentice I was working at a collage I walk in to a room and there was this lady being painted with no clothes on at that time in my life I did not no this kind of thing went on I stood there in shock then turned rounded and walked out red faced.
My next one was a lady Aboat the same age as me and she just sat there with her dressing gown open winking.i just ignored her and carried on working.
Then there where two of us on this one very attractive lady walking from her bed room to bathroom several times doors open all the time and talking to us at first did not no where to look but then I thought if she is happy talking to us with no clothes on fine so we where talking to her.she then managed to get dressed in to a bikini to do some sun bathing out side ( no sun and not good weather) but stayed in this little bikini the rest of the day.
The most recent one was a little strange I had just turned up and was working in the airing cupboard one of those doors half and half the top half was open. the next thing I see is a naked girl Aboat 18 walk past with just a short t shirt on at this point I think she does not no I am hear so I shout down to her dad I will be down in a minute to turn it off no reply from the dad but the girl heard me with out a doubt.the next thing this girl is in front of me in the bathroom stroking her pet cat concerned that the cat may hurt its self on my tools.i reassured her that her cat should be ok and she just carried on talking to me for a while (I was a bit worried if her parents came up but how do you tell someone to leave a room in there own house).she eventually went in to her bed room but left her door open bang opposite where I was working tried not to pay much attention got the job finished.the strangest thing was when I went to the Kitchin to give the owners the invoice the girl was sitting opposite her mum still with just a short t shirt on.i just assume the family was in to some kind of naturism.but does give us some interesting story's .on all occasions I have told the wife as you never no.

next thing this girl is in front of me in the bathroom stroking her pet cat concerned that the cat may hurt its self on my tool.i reassured her that her cat should be ok and she just carried on talking to me for a while

Is this a euphemism? :rolleyes2:

We could do with this and the other similar thread being merged into a single 'Strange Encounters of The Plumbing Kind' or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am glad that you got rid of the smell :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
That seems insane that different towns/cities...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Go to the next access manhole and check that...
Replies
Views
Back