Weird Call Out | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Cumbria Handyma
  • Start date
  • Replies 107
  • Views 14K

Discuss Weird Call Out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's annoying isn't it. At least when the phone rings you can just not pick up. I'm not about to start creeping around beneath the windows so I can't get spotted. Maybe I should just purchase an electric fence/guard dog! LOL. God I sound like a miserable ol miser. I'm not honest!

It's annoying isn't it. At least when the phone rings you can just not pick up. I'm not about to start creeping around beneath the windows so I can't get spotted. Maybe I should just purchase an electric fence/guard dog! LOL. God I sound like a miserable ol miser. I'm not honest!

You don't sound miserable Danny, it's just annoying. I was out at work until half seven tonight, if somebody had collared me as I come out the van I would have bitten their heads off. I've had words with a couple of the neighbours when they've asked me something as I was coming out the van. Grrrrrrrrr, I get annoyed just thinking about it.

I need to start doing so, I'm a bit crap at saying no to people.

If you have your own business treat it like any other customer if busy no or book it in your diary.they then have the choice to wait for you or get some one else.the nearer to home the better.

yeah we got a guard dog. A 6 month old golden retriever. turns out our neighbor terrified of dogs and whenever the dog spots her it gets all frisky with her lol. She never seems to walk down our garden now for some reason

is it a " can you pop round to have a quick look at it now , it ll only take you 5 muinutes" kind of job?? i hate it when people tell me that " it ll only take you a few minuets" drives me insane! or the " this is how we use to do it back in the day"

is it a " can you pop round to have a quick look at it now , it ll only take you 5 muinutes" kind of job?? i hate it when people tell me that " it ll only take you a few minuets" drives me insane! or the " this is how we use to do it back in the day"

Yeah, it is. Sticky valve on a loo. But I've seen the loo when I popped round and changed the stat on their immersion heater a few months back.

It's a concealed cistern, with hardly any access. Don't want it!

'Just jobs' is what we call them. You start tidying up after doing a job, and the customer say's 'oh while you're here, can you just.......' and it's the 'Just jobs' that tend to also be pig ******* jobs.

Yes back in the days when I did a lot more plastering customers would say "it will only need a skim" Took me a while to learn,but apply this to all of my work now. If the customer knows so much about the job best leave them to do it themselves.......

I hate customers saying "It's easy" - do it your yourself then you muppet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am glad that you got rid of the smell :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
That seems insane that different towns/cities...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Go to the next access manhole and check that...
Replies
Views
Back