What a nightmare in my eyes... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Old Account
  • Start date
  • Replies 128
  • Views 1K

Discuss What a nightmare in my eyes... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably nothing wrong with the pump they often stick and need freeing off normally caused by being tested on the production line a little water remaining in there erp ones are worse in my opion , certainly not looked after you or your customer Ronny

I stopped using Worcester donkeys years ago for the customer service I received with a warranty job. I ended up doing the job for them after 4 visits.

Unimpressed !
Still, I smile when I think how many Worcester Boilers I haven't bought since.
I know our contribution to Worcester sales figures is probably very insignificant but there you go

probably nothing wrong with the pump they often stick and need freeing off normally caused by being tested on the production line a little water remaining in there erp ones are worse in my opion , certainly not looked after you or your customer Ronny
Unfortunately the engineer I hired couldn't free the pump. He took the big screw at the front off and tried moving the inner part. I suggested to remove the pump head and try to move the pump.
However, I tried making it easier for him and offered parking on display which I would have paid. Long story short they'll will come next Monday :/ had to offer mythe tenants to take a shower at my place if they need warm water.

Fm Ronny theres sevice and then theres going over board mate he should have taken the head off freed it off , pure laziness on your contractors part , the screw on the front will vent the pump thats about it on erp , cheers kop

Hi lads I can't urgently on side waiting for Worcester Bosch to come and to assess the job. However, I had a oder look and it seems like this is a no go with the flue. The collar at the Bottom isn't fixed properly the flue looks like not even fitted properly, not cemented at all

What's your thoughts on that?

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

Wouldn't worrie about the space around the flue is externally it's sealed up

Regarding the top plate as Scott says normally 3 screws which it looks like they've lost as they have used normal wood screws

That's shocking, get the installer back. A screw is missing from securing the flue down. In fact all 3 are missing and two have been replaced with normal screws. Classed as immediately dangerous in the gas regs.

That's shocking, get the installer back. A screw is missing from securing the flue down. In fact all 3 are missing and two have been replaced with normal screws. Classed as immediately dangerous in the gas regs.

How is it id please explain your reasoning

How is it id please explain your reasoning

No longer a room sealed appliance as the third screw creates the seal on the top of the boiler. AR for incorrect screws and riddor reportable.

What does the outside look like?
I wonder if **** screwed and taped on the telescopic joint

No longer a room sealed appliance as the third screw creates the seal on the top of the boiler. AR for incorrect screws and riddor reportable.

Guess you haven't seen there new tb about leak rate

No excuse for bad workmanship Ronny needs sorting out bud get the installer back did Worcester sort out the fault ?
Cheers kop

Guess you haven't seen there new tb about leak rate

I have, its about the gaps in the folded metal corners not a gap in the seal connecting the flue to the appliance. In fact they mention in the TB that is any unburnt gas leaks inside the boiler it will naturally vent outside through the flue. Obviously assuming a correct seal. The fact this isn't sealed means the gas would escape into the room now. How you can even argue this isn't ID is worrying.

I have, its about the gaps in the folded metal corners not a gap in the seal connecting the flue to the appliance. In fact they mention in the TB that is any unburnt gas leaks inside the boiler it will naturally vent outside through the flue. Obviously assuming a correct seal. The fact this isn't sealed means the gas would escape into the room now. How you can even argue this isn't ID is worrying.

How are they different hole is a hole,

me personally I would ar it

The outside seems to be done with bonding or something. However, it is sealed from the outside but still Ann awful installation.

Thanks to you all for giving me such great back up I will go there now to sort that out with him.

Thumbs to each and everyone

There is only 10cm sticking out right underneath the rain gutter. I was sure there was a ref for a certain distance. The Worcester engineer had a look and said it's fine. He seemed in rush but did his job in full. Checked, operating pressure , flue gas analysed it, checked the fan. But fail to do a tightness test just walked in and started his job.

There is only 10cm sticking out right underneath the rain gutter. I was sure there was a ref for a certain distance. The Worcester engineer had a look and said it's fine. He seemed in rush but did his job in full. Checked, operating pressure , flue gas analysed it, checked the fan. But fail to do a tightness test just walked in and started his job.

There only responsible for the appliance not the existing gas system

No excuse for bad workmanship Ronny needs sorting out bud get the installer back did Worcester sort out the fault ?
Cheers kop
Yes Worcester came today, without tightness test. Started his job checked the pump. He took the pump head off and was completely not moveable. However, once I used a little screwdriver I freed it and it worked fine. He still changed the pump and did his tests as explained above. He wasn't really happy with the flue either neither the pipework. He said it isn't great ... I said it's awful ... thanks for coming back guys !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
O
That's the point I was on about. It doesn't...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Yes, thanks - was thinking something along...
Replies
Views
Back