What we all working on this week ? | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 39 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What we all working on this week ? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a insurance job to try and rescue a poorly installed quad shower the customer wants to save the tiling if possible and has a few spare so fingers crossed it may work , the loss adjuster allowed em £1500 that will just about cover materials. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033038.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    Screenshot_20191031-033046.png
    420 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Dan
Re-used as in theirs, or second hand? Was it the tiling that you’ve done then, obviously removing and refitting suite?

The toilet and basin had been fitted a couple of years back. Tray was in good condition, just took it out, new waste, remove the old silicone and revealed it back into position. Tanked it and tiled it.

New cladding on ceiling and lvt on the floor.

They've had loads of problems with condensation, but their son is in the shower on full tilt for half an hour.

Electrician going in to fit a second extractor, but this time ceiling mounted in line fan and out through soffit. Existing one far too low.

The toilet and basin had been fitted a couple of years back. Tray was in good condition, just took it out, new waste, remove the old silicone and revealed it back into position. Tanked it and tiled it.

New cladding on ceiling and lvt on the floor.

They've had loads of problems with condensation, but their son is in the shower on full tilt for half an hour.

Electrician going in to fit a second extractor, but this time ceiling mounted in line fan and out through soffit. Existing one far too low.
Very nice Simon 😁 kop

Morning everybody.
  1. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week?
  2. How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay.
  3. When are you up for your jab? - Do you know yet?
  4. How's work, is it still trickling through or has it dried up? Or perhaps you're booming at the moment with boilers breaking left right and center.
  5. What PPE extras are you taking?
  6. Which suppliers are open physically? Which are online only? Where are you getting your stuff from?
Answer all or any or nowt. Let's see if we can check in and help each other out.

Morning Dan,

Great thread mate. Mood/mental health is up and down, but generally ok. How about you? I haven’t stopped really other than annual leave since last lockdown. Boiler breakdowns is my main area of concentration, I work in social housing, so we have to provide landlord certificates, so these guys are still working as well, and we provide emergency breakdowns, but we’re still attending non emergencies. PPE I’m using is more disposable gloves (wore them anyway with my kind of work) and masks. Customers have to adhere to social distancing, we now ventilate the room(s) where we’re working, and ask the customer vacate the room(s) as well. Our stuff is mainly from Travis Perkins - called managed services they have measures in place, such as booking a time slot, only so many allowed in, etc. A lot of gas/heating stuff will come from direct heating spares (TP owned).

Morning everybody.
  1. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week?
My life centres around 24/7 caring for & shielding my Wife, not much time for anything else
  1. How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay.
Depression and anxiety are my main concerns....anytime I have had to go out, I get a severe panic attack, never known anything like it. I hope when this is all over, these feelings will stop, get so paranoid, a very scary world. 😱
  1. When are you up for your jab? - Do you know yet?
Meant to be getting a letter this week for my Wife, I am 67 so hope it will come fairly soon
  1. How's work, is it still trickling through or has it dried up? Or perhaps you're booming at the moment with boilers breaking left right and center.
No work, not paid anyway 😂 retired, thank God
  1. What PPE extras are you taking?
Use masks when answering the door, fanatic about hand gel and sanitising worktops and delivered parcels.....got to do everything possible.....so far so good 🙏
  1. Which suppliers are open physically? Which are online only? Where are you getting your stuff
we have a local hardware shop that stocks just about everything, all food & meals are delivered, so rarely any need to go out, I guess we are very fortunate 👍
  1. from?
Answer all or any or nowt. Let's see if we can check in and help each other out.

My life centres around 24/7 caring for & shielding my Wife, not much time for anything else

Depression and anxiety are my main concerns....anytime I have had to go out, I get a severe panic attack, never known anything like it. I hope when this is all over, these feelings will stop, get so paranoid, a very scary world. 😱

Meant to be getting a letter this week for my Wife, I am 67 so hope it will come fairly soon

No work, not paid anyway 😂 retired, thank God

Use masks when answering the door, fanatic about hand gel and sanitising worktops and delivered parcels..got to do everything possible..so far so good 🙏

we have a local hardware shop that stocks just about everything, all food & meals are delivered, so rarely any need to go out, I guess we are very fortunate 👍
Nice reply thanks matey.

You'll be alright once this is all over mate. Anxiety has increased massively recently but I bet it calms down just as quick once we're all comfy going for walks that aren't forced on us lol

One thing that’s increasing anxiety, for both of us, is the number of scam phone calls we get each day, currently 4-5. Set my mobile to do not disturb at night, but Have to leave the landline on, in case get hospital calls etc. Have registered with TPS, but makes little difference that I can tell. I block the numbers, but my land line phone only has a 100 blocked call limit, so soon fills up, have to delete and start again. Most calls are pretending to be Amazon, Apple Open reach, recent car accident etc. etc. I admit I do use some choice words to these callers, I do have to be careful though, as some withheld or unknown numbers are genuine, so have to wait & see if a scam or not.....the Virgin media ones are particularly convincing, discussing router issues and possible connection issues...lostened to a lot of drivel the first couple of times, but now I recognise the banter 🤯 I suggested to OffCom & Virgin media that have a database of scam numbers, contributed to by customers ( an easy way of doing this could be created ) then anyone subscribing ( free ) to this service would automatically have all the numbers on this database withheld, this would cut down on a lot of nuisance calls, as the database would continually be updated, every time a scam call number was reported....Virgin could have the option to confirm the number before adding to the database.......but they JUST NOT INTERESTED.....Even wrote to my M.P. Who just suggested blocking unknown callers, well that wouldn’t work as hospital calls are always unknown as they come from a switchboard, in fact it’s now illegal to make a marketing call from a withheld number, so I think they are in the decline, the numbers used are I believe virtual numbers. I phoned One scam call number and it was a private residence who said he had no knowledge of calling anyone.....I think maybe the scam callers are now cloning normal numbers, anything’s possible I guess 🤯

may have to invest in a new cordless landline phone, found one that has a 1000 blocked call memory and can block numbers by the area code or simply beginning with 0229, so that may help....🤞

One thing that’s increasing anxiety, for both of us, is the number of scam phone calls we get each day, currently 4-5. Set my mobile to do not disturb at night, but Have to leave the landline on, in case get hospital calls etc. Have registered with TPS, but makes little difference that I can tell. I block the numbers, but my land line phone only has a 100 blocked call limit, so soon fills up, have to delete and start again. Most calls are pretending to be Amazon, Apple Open reach, recent car accident etc. etc. I admit I do use some choice words to these callers, I do have to be careful though, as some withheld or unknown numbers are genuine, so have to wait & see if a scam or not..the Virgin media ones are particularly convincing, discussing router issues and possible connection issues...lostened to a lot of drivel the first couple of times, but now I recognise the banter 🤯 I suggested to OffCom & Virgin media that have a database of scam numbers, contributed to by customers ( an easy way of doing this could be created ) then anyone subscribing ( free ) to this service would automatically have all the numbers on this database withheld, this would cut down on a lot of nuisance calls, as the database would continually be updated, every time a scam call number was reported....Virgin could have the option to confirm the number before adding to the database....but they JUST NOT INTERESTED..Even wrote to my M.P. Who just suggested blocking unknown callers, well that wouldn’t work as hospital calls are always unknown as they come from a switchboard, in fact it’s now illegal to make a marketing call from a withheld number, so I think they are in the decline, the numbers used are I believe virtual numbers. I phoned One scam call number and it was a private residence who said he had no knowledge of calling anyone..I think maybe the scam callers are now cloning normal numbers, anything’s possible I guess 🤯

may have to invest in a new cordless landline phone, found one that has a 1000 blocked call memory and can block numbers by the area code or simply beginning with 0229, so that may help.***🤞
Perhaps try this?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Very hard to follow your post Tina. What...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The customer had a Mira Sport they had bought...
Replies
Views
Have another guy working for me but on this...
Replies
Views
Back