What's d most unusual thing ye found in work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What's d most unusual thing ye found in work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

A load of videos up in the loft.

9dc67a54ee198db0f653df5ffd037781.jpg

Was it a worth while find?

Scared the living day light out of me. I left in a hurry, but when she came out all she did was smile at me? The whole experience left me confused. For weeks, I was ''kicking myself'', thinking may be she was after something and I couldn't read the signs? What an idiot.

But then again, only last week a landlord who lives in Manchester asked that I go and provide CP12 for his flat (been doing it for past 3 yrs). The tenant knew I was coming well in advance. When I rang the door bell, she said: ''You'll have to wait a minute, I'm having a bath''.
Two minutes later, she opened the door, scantily draped in a towel. I couldn't disguise the gulp that followed. Then she went into the bedroom and came out a few minutes later with a see through low shirt and definately nothing below? Came and stood besides me asking what I was checking in cupboard housing gas meter? I left that job in a hurry

Scared the living day light out of me. I left in a hurry, but when she came out all she did was smile at me? The whole experience left me confused. For weeks, I was ''kicking myself'', thinking may be she was after something and I couldn't read the signs? What an idiot.

But then again, only last week a landlord who lives in Manchester asked that I go and provide CP12 for his flat (been doing it for past 3 yrs). The tenant knew I was coming well in advance. When I rang the door bell, she said: ''You'll have to wait a minute, I'm having a bath''.
Two minutes later, she opened the door, scantily draped in a towel. I couldn't disguise the gulp that followed. Then she went into the bedroom and came out a few minutes later with a see through low shirt and definately nothing below? Came and stood besides me asking what I was checking in cupboard housing gas meter? I left that job in a hurry

Fk me. Your slow. I'd have been like a dug wi a bone!

I've just remembered the weirdest find I actually encountered. It was the grottiest social housing house on the patch.

Anyway boiler upstairs in landing cupboard, go to test inlet pressure and stick boiler into service mode, nip into bathroom to run hot water and I am confronted by a set of anal beads lying in the sink? Luckily clean!

Women was a really odd character, must have forgot where she'd left them.

I've got a photo of them somewhere!

Last edited:
I took the case off a boiler once and found the blokes stash in there. Warned him to stop taking the case off the boiler and hide his stash somewhere a service engineer wouldn't find it. The next year I found it behind the gas meter.

Was at a place working on my own and got a transco guy to give me a hand to shift a bedside cabinet. As we moved it it started vibrating, we nearly peed ourselves laughing.

Fk me. Your slow. I'd have been like a dug wi a bone!

I'd rather not get involved. Personally, I think it's not worth the headache. So you get in there, then there is that dreaded phone call at midnight, her wanting you to come and service her!!! You having to take phone out of room to answer her calls, then ask her not to call you, etc. Couldn't deal with the stress.
As long as my missus is looking after me in that department, I have no excuse to look elsewhere.
And as for the girl with the see through shirt, that job turned out to be the fastest CP12 I have ever done. Probably around 12-15 mins max. Couldn't wait to get out of there

I'd rather not get involved. Personally, I think it's not worth the headache. So you get in there, then there is that dreaded phone call at midnight, her wanting you to come and service her!!! You having to take phone out of room to answer her calls, then ask her not to call you, etc. Couldn't deal with the stress.
As long as my missus is looking after me in that department, I have no excuse to look elsewhere.
And as for the girl with the see through shirt, that job turned out to be the fastest CP12 I have ever done. Probably around 12-15 mins max. Couldn't wait to get out of there
Where was this advice when I needed it??

Found large amount of plants in an attic once. Told customer I had to go in the attic to trace a pipe, she spluttered a few times then told me what to expect. As long as it doesn`t involve children or animals I don`t care what people do in their own home.

Went to a house on Lower Earley Estate Reading, newly finished and sold to my mate.
In the loft was the biggest stash of copper pipe (20 bundles) and boxes of fittings. He gave it all to me - I reckon it was a subbies stash so when the site ran out of materials this outfit could
carry on with their stash rather than be laid off.
Fitted a water heater at a jewellers shop in basement - on the floor by the workbenches looked like sawdust but was in fact gold shavings. CHKing

I've just remembered the weirdest find I actually encountered. It was the grottiest social housing house on the patch.

Anyway boiler upstairs in landing cupboard, go to test inlet pressure and stick boiler into service mode, nip into bathroom to run hot water and I am confronted by a set of anal beads lying in the sink? Luckily clean!

Women was a really odd character, must have forgot where she'd left them.

I've got a photo of them somewhere!

The anal beads I found lying in a sink during a service. Very random.

IMG_0182.jpg

EDIT: For some reason upside down?

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

Email these guys...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun! Never thought the timer could be...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
I posted that in August. In September I took...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back